Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in the movie "Stepford Wives"

Pages: 1 6 replies

Just saw Stepford Wives. In the first 10-minutes of the movie there is a scene from a reality show and the whole set is tiki! There is a bunch of tiki poles and a huge tiki as the center of the backround. The tiki scene is no more than five minutes but it was the best five minutes of the movie.

"it was the best five minutes of the movie"

I don't have the slightest difficulty believing that.

If I see one more of those annoyingly omnipresent posters with Nicole going "shhh" at me, I'm going to...to...oh, never mind.

grumpy tikivixen

I'm fairly new to TC so I don't know if this has been mentioned before -- but in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" there's an EXTREMELY Tiki scene --

It's when the harridan mother calls her beach bum son -- the phone rings and rings as he and his girlfriend dance -- it's extremely funny -- but the WHOLE set for the beach bum's house is 100% tiki, up to an including a promenient tiki bar in the background.

TB

On 2004-06-21 08:05, Satan's Sin wrote:
I'm fairly new to TC so I don't know if this has been mentioned before -- but in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" there's an EXTREMELY Tiki scene --

Thanks for the info, I've seen that movie alot but it's been a long time since I've caught it on TV. Now I want to check it out again to relish the tiki...

Anybody know if the tiki bar scene in "Haunted Mansion" was an actual location or a set????

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree on 2004-06-22 17:12 ]

TB

How funny..... I just saw the Stepford Wives as well. I was going to post the same message, but you beat me to it. Yes....that tiki scene is very cool. The movie was terrible....but the tiki scene was pretty darn cool.

-Tiki Brad

OMG... I wish I had read this post before! The remake of "The Stepford Wives" is now officially the worst movie of all time!

I can't even say that the Tiki scene justified watching it. Fast forward to that scene - watch it - then get the hell out.

T

I never saw it before but then again are you really lookin. Now that I see everything tiki, yesterday was crazy. I saw tiki things in like five show in a row. On MTV cribs, a member of Jackass, Chris Pontius had almost nothing in his house and thats the way I remeber it from before. This time, yesterday I saw a nice tiki idol lamp, black velvet painting and glass floats. I show just after was a dating show and it was in a tiki bar. Tons O stufff. And its not a good movie but I watched Pycho Beach Party and the beach hut and party were nothing but tiki.

[ Edited by: teaKEY on 2005-01-13 17:05 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies