Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar Review Pages down

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

I just noticed the Tiki Bar Review Page is down because it had too much traffic. I hope it's back soon!

It has been going down every month lately. In a way it is flattering that I am getting so much traffic, but since I haven't updated it in a year, I hope that all of you who are overloading my servers will also indulge in my book, Tiki Road Trip.

The book, finally, is a done deal. I signed a contract with Santa Monica Press a few weeks ago, Sven has contributed a great preface, and Shag has painted a cover.

The book is everything the web site is/was (sans the pin-ups and Doctor Jacoby), and much, much more. Look for it this spring. The web site, after eight years, will undergo a MAJOR renovation sometime around X-mas.

More details follow as I have them....

Iorana!

JT

D

hay! great news about your book!! guess that cross country road trip this summer paid off! TC is just FULL of writers, carvers, painters... artists!

i feel like a tiki-slacker.. i just buy the stuff!

looking forward to upgrade of your site, and the book!

Great News! Your site was one of the first to turn me on to the full scope of tiki, and it's obvious you have been putting a lot of love and effort into this project for years. I'm sure most of us can't wait to get our hands on a copy. Congratulations.

JT, do I gots any quotes in them thar book?

Ah well. Enough about me. How''s my hair?

JT,
Your site was also one of my first tastes to the world of Polynesian Pop. I'm glad to hear your book is on the way - can't wait to get my own copy!

Congrats!!

Ditto all above comments here. I found out some good information on one of my first tiki bars - Kelbos - on my first visit to your site years ago.

Must have the book!

On 2002-09-23 10:24, tikifish wrote:
JT, do I gots any quotes in them thar book?

Ah well. Enough about me. How''s my hair?

Yup, yer quoted. And thanked. And your hair is fabulous.

S

That site sent me to the Hala Kahiki, Omni Hut and more. Now we want to have an event at The Omni Hut and get everyone to stay at that TeePee Motel...

T

On 2002-09-24 09:37, Swanky wrote:
That site sent me to the Hala Kahiki, Omni Hut and more. Now we want to have an event at The Omni Hut and get everyone to stay at that TeePee Motel...

Awesome! The Wigwam motel is my fave retro-motel anywhere. Just be careful getting there from the Omni Hut - those backwoods cops are tough. I got pulled over three times!

If you hold off on the event until spring, I'll come on down with a pile o' books and a few bottles of rum...

T

[ Edited by tikibars on 2023-06-18 14:56:40 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies