Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Have The Maikai Gents Play For You July 9!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha, Friends!

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa would love to play at your luau, barbecue, regatta, poi pounding party, etc. the evening of Friday, July 9. We've just had that date cleared on our schedule and, if any of you Southern Californians want us, you can have us! We'll offer you a special price, throw in some customized-for-your-event songsheets, a brand new set of steel guitar instrumental wizardry, happenin' hula, and, of course, our trademark old-time Hawaiian crooning. It's a party about to happen, just waiting for you to say so! If you're interested, drop us a line at [email protected] and let's talk. Aloha and mahalo.

-Iuka Grogg

Glad to see another band in the area doing steel instumentals like the Smokin' Menehunes.

Now where can we get a hula dancer?

M

On 2004-06-14 18:28, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Glad to see another band in the area doing steel instumentals like the Smokin' Menehunes.

"where can we get a hula dancer?"---OOH, IF THAT isn't a thinly veiled way to try to try to pick up a woman, I don't know what is!!! "where can we get a hula dancer?"...indeed!!!!! :)

On 2004-06-14 18:28, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Not only does our man, Waikiki Jones, play a mean steel, he croons, too! As far as the hula dancer goes... you on your own, bruddah.

-I. Grogg

Bong, I have a grass skirt I've been itching to get out of storage.....!

I wonder if Pop Ylop would be into swaying his hips to the Smokin' M's?

Pages: 1 5 replies