Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shecky Lamp up for auction!

Pages: 1 32 replies

T

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fishstique&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

I've put my Shecky lamp up for sale... considering Shecky is the mascot for Tiki Central, I figured you should know about it first!

DZ

Ohhh... So THAT'S the Shecky that everyone has been referring to! Now it all makes sense (well, sort of...) I knew I'd seen it before somewhere - Sven sent me a sticker with Shecky on it and the phrase:

"Less Virtual Reality,
More Ritual Virility"

If Shecky is the Tiki Central mascot, is this then the Tiki Central motto?

T

There was much debate back in the day whether or not that was our motto, some liked it, many didn't understand it. But it survives on the stickers!

I thought it was a great motto, and still do.

Uhm, some liked it, some maybe "didn't understand it", but there were others who were quite capable of fully comprehending its meaning but just plain didn't like it.

I think of Tiki Central's motto as "Open 24 Hours". I like it quite a bit, though I don't understand it.

....speaking of "dont understand"!
Your little sarcastic jabs are annoying.
You should change your name to "NEGATOR" instead of "woofmutt"
or possibly check into some anger management.

SHECKY RULES!

It's "The Negator" when I'm working the Northwest Wrestling circuit.

I find Woofmutt's little jabs quite refreshing, even when aimed directly at the spine.

TikiCentral would lose a lot of it's bounce if it all went Happy Clappy or Moist & Musical.

I agree on the Shecky point, tho'.

Trader Woody

M

TikiCentral would lose a lot of it's bounce if it all went Happy Clappy or Moist & Musical.

Not too worry, if we do all go happy clappy or moist & musical I have some doctor friends...put us back right as rain. Their fees are cheap as chips, too.

London & Dublin in spring '03? I hopes!
midnite

We'll be waiting with pints hoisted (and a mug full of prime Golden Colada on the bar!)

Trader Woody

T

Oh, I can take it. After all, I threw the first punch.

Don't be no Shecky hata, that's all I gots to say.

I appreciate sarcasm, when it is actually humorous.
I don't appreciate sarcasm when it is hateful or mean spirited.

I like the lamp!

me too!

T

It seems lately that a lot of members are becoming offended easily. When one posts an opinion like "I don't like that mug, it's ugly" or "let's stick to the topic", it's never meant to be personal and one shouldn't feel like they are being attacked. Forums like this are for discussing things that we don't have to all agree on. If everyone agreed on everything then it would be a boring world.

"Can't we all get along?" has been asked so many times here. Hell no, we can't always get along because everybody's different! I don't see a problem with that.

When one reads a post it is often a mistake to assume the author was in any particular mood when they wrote it or that the author is trying to show an emotion. This is a common trap people fall into on the internet or in email. With some people their sense of humor really comes through in their posts, while for others it's not as easy for them to be funny.

I don't think woofmutt meant anything personal against bigbadtikidaddy. He was just trying to be funny in his own way.

Now that I'm through rambling I'll throw in my 2 cents on the lamp. I'm not a big fan of "big teeth" tikis so I don't really like it. This is my opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be, and I mean no offense to anyone, especially Shecky. It's just my stupid opinion!

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke....

But not really.......I truly doubt that anyone here has malice in their heart. Read the post and if offended, read it once again. There's usually an element of a tongue in the cheek, so don't get too hot and sweaty about a post.

Eg. - I'm convinced that a significant part of my British humour goes down like a lead shit in a Chilean well, but dem's da breaks, eh?

Trader Woody

Sorry Tikifish, we're veering here....

Cool lamp, by the way!

Trader Woody

On 2002-08-30 11:00, woofmutt wrote:
I think of Tiki Central's motto as "Open 24 Hours". I like it quite a bit, though I don't understand it.

When I added "OPEN 24 HOURS" to the graphic I was viewing the graphic as a sign to a bar. Bar neon, acting as a beacon in the night to the weary traveller, calling them to the only Tiki Bar in the world that has members frequenting it at all hours.

Unlike other bars, Tiki Central never closes. It's open 24 hours a day.

~Hanford

A

About "Open 24 Hours", I also always liked the motto on that socal googie flagship Norm's - "We Never Close". But I know at least one person who thought that meant "We Will Never Be Closed Down", as in, torn down and replaced by a Fridays or something. Hopefully Norm's won't suffer the same fate as Ship's and all the other googie greats!
-Randy

There must be a full moon, it seems the Natives at Tiki Central have been restless as of late! I dig the lamp! :wink:

That really sounds like a great motto
TIKI CENTRAL
Were happy clappy, moist & musical.

The lamp is great, but I really dig the Cougar XR-7 ad. I may just have to bid on it :wink:

M

I think more work could have gone into the lamp, but thats just what I think. It could be better I think. Kinda looks like a kid glued there Tiki toys on someones lamp.

__

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Mad-TiKi

T

Whats wrong with gluing your toys on a lamp? Now, it's whan you start eating the glue, then you have a problem.

Anyway, I don't expect it to be bought by the Smithsonian. It's just a bit of electrical fun, that's all.

TC

...Woofmutt's little jabs...

Trader Woody

...sarcastic jabs...

bigbadtikidaddy

D'ya notice that The Jab & Woofmutt have never been seen in the same room?

Hmmmm..........

:sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-01 15:24 ]

TC

On 2002-08-30 11:58, woofmutt wrote:
It's "The Negator" when I'm working the Northwest Wrestling circuit.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Please join me in welcoming to the ring . . .

THE NEGATOR!!!

TC

On 2002-08-30 11:47, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:

You should change your name to "NEGATOR" instead of "woofmutt"
or possibly check into some anger management.

And in the other corner, challenging the Negator for the Tiki Central Heavyweight Belt...

BIG BAD TIKI DADDY!!!

TC

just kidding.
:wink:

i still like the lamp

T

That guy kinda looks like Tikidaddy, but way fatter. Plus, Tikidaddy doesnt have a fly 'stache, a sailor hat, bee-atch boots or those nutbuster tights. Still, the resemblance is uncanny.

W

And in another Tiki Chris Twilight Zone twist "The Negator" and I could be related. He's obviously white trash (like me). But no tattoos on me (ever) or missing teeth (yet).

M

Getting back to Shecky and Tiki-taste, I agree with the opinion on "big teeth" tikis.
They just seem a bit goofy. And yes, there are alot of opinions out here. I probably am in the minority in my opinion about most Witco stuff but I really prefer the beachbum
look to the batchelor pad look. All that leopard-skin and dark, carved woodworking brings out my inner negator.

That really sounds like a great motto
TIKI CENTRAL
Were happy clappy, moist & musical.

Ummmm, okay is it just me or does that sound like some creative way of swapping bodily fluids?

Excuse me while I put on a condom....

T

I'm a big teeth man, myself. At least for my Tikis.

Pages: 1 32 replies