Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Where are the Invisible Men?

Pages: 1 4 replies

OK, everybody knows the Bomboras, but does anybody know anything about the band that they morphed into...the Invisible Men? Are they still around? Where do they play? Who's in it? How many cd's do they have out? What's their favorite color? What sign are they? Etc...Learn me,hook a brutha up.

They're standing behind you.

A

A couple posts on this thread give some more info about the Invisible Men.

Postscript: two former members of the Invisible Men / Satisfaction are playing these days with The Now, and another plays sometimes with the re-formed incarnation of The Seeds.

Another TC connection... You know the Bomboras were a girl band before the members changed. The female members became the Neptunas, and one of them used to post here a year or two ago.

And yet another... pinstriper/mug-designer/graphics guy Von Franco was in the Bomboras for a while, and he's also on TC sometimes.

-Randy

So... they gots two cds out. The first one is "Who's Sorry Now?" on Blood Red Vinyl & Discs that was put out during their disguised-by-bandages-and-smoking jackets provacateur days and the second one is "Come Get Some" released by Tiki Central's own DJLee on his label, Dionysus. This was recorded after the band's unmasking. Another Tiki Central connection: guitar guru Lord Hunt also played bass in The Maikai Gents and Benny (from The Satisfaction) often plays drums with The Gents as well(See http://www.mkgents.com to read their bios). Lord Hunt has now started his own surfboard shaping company ( http://www.huntcustoms.com) and I've heard rumblings from some of the other band members that a new group may be in the works. If you get a chance, see The Now. Wow! As far as their favorite color goes, I'd guess it's green.

-Weird Unc

Thanks fer the info guys (and gals), as soon as my head stops spinning I'll look into those groups.

Pages: 1 4 replies