Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki News Virus Warning!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

I am jumping the gun a little posting this without confirmation from Otto, but after talking to a friends who also got these emails from Otto's tiki news email list (and they contained viruses) I feel I should warn folks.
I rec'd two emails today from the Tiki news list, one titled "[Tikievents] E-mail account security warning. " and the other "Tikievents] Incoming message ". both contained attachments that one is supposed to download "in order to continue receiving messages" from Otto's Tiki News list (their words). This seems highly suspicious. I left a message for Otto and and waiting for him to get out of a meeting to tell me for sure if this is bogus.
I suggest you DO NOT download these attachments until I hear from Otto.---bruce smiley

T

My anti-virus software has identified these viruses in Otto's emails as well. They were deleted by my software.

F
foamy posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2004 1:02 PM

Thanks. My email provider detected the virus and would not deliver it.

M

Otto has contacted the slick.org folks that send out his newsletter. He is waiting for a reply.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Mr. Smiley. I thought they looked odd too, so I just deleted them. Glad I did.

D

I saw this too. Good thing my ISP detected it and warned me. Friggin' viruses! Thanks for the post.

Pages: 1 5 replies