Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Johnny Ramone battling prostate cancer

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

This is very sad news.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6185029&pageid=rs.ArtistArticles&pageregion=mainRegion

[Edited by Hanford to change the subject]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-06-17 15:17 ]

D

That sure stinks.

Sorry to here that. The Ramones set the standard way back in the day when few had a clue. Another CBGB alumni, Robert Quine of Richard Hell & the Voidoids & Lou Reed was found dead in his New York apartment a coupla weeks ago of an apperant suicide (he left a note) at age 62. I'm pullin' for Johnny. What was that Ramones song...oh yeah - "Too Tough To Die"!

D

Wow...that just f'in sucks! Makes me wonder how 'the other side' is actually ochestrated. I mean the Ramones are systematically going on us. If Johnny goes that makes three. Maybe something is up with Joey and Dee Dee in the next life. Wonder what Marky is thinking about that. Man, I would sure hate to hear that Johnny may be on his way too. I sure hope not. Damn....

Yep, this sucks to hear, Johnny is a good guy.
I just wanna' sniff some glue... Nah, I'd rather just be sedated.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Yeah, that does blow. Even I can't muster a dumb-ass remark about this one.

Though they weren't the first band I heard, that at the time thought was punk - Sham 69 - they were definitely next.

(God Damn prostrate!)

I remember seeing the Ramones in '86 with the Dickies at Devonshire Downs...it was awesome!

B

I just caught part of a report that this has been blown way out of proportion. He's home, feeling fine, and just want's to be left the hell alone. The whole "Death Bed" thing is Bull Shit.

Well in that case, I take it all back.

Cancer treatment, even IF you survive for 5 years or so, is no hayride.

Pages: 1 8 replies