Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any other Tiki watering holes between Bakersfield & Sacramento?

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Anyone know of any other remaining Tiki or Tikiesque watering holes (besides Minnies and the Tiki Lounge) in the central valley from Bakersfield to Sacramento?

Whanga Rei will be opening July 1. Check the "Locating Tiki" forum for more info.

Aloha and welcome to TC theronpk!

thanks for the warm welcome Jungle Trader...great to hear about the new restaurant! is it still on schedule to open on the june 24th?....and I'm thinking of going up hwy 99 tomorrow from santa barbara to S.F. can you recommend any good old school chinese restaurants along the way? I remember seeing a great looking chop suey joint in Visalia and I loved that old chinatown section of Hanford but the whole thing looked semi abandonded, does it ever open?........sorry for the barrage of questions, I was just really impressed with hwy 99 when I took decided to check it ou on a previous roadtrip up there a few months ago

On 2004-06-17 08:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
Whanga Rei will be opening July 1. Check the "Locating Tiki" forum for more info.

Aloha and welcome to TC theronpk!

Also in "locating tiki" you'll find info on the restaurant "Hush Puppies" in Bakersfield-the bar is ugly, restaurant is cool.
And the Apartment building "lanai gardens (?)".--good for a photo op.

Don't forget Coconut Joe's Island Grill House (formerly Getaway Cafe) on California Avenue in Bakersfield. It's in the Mervyn's shopping center, about 1/2 mile west of 99. No bar, but the food's good and Tikis abound!

The Hukilau Island Grill / Aloha Lounge in Sacramento, at 16th & O streets, referenced in TikiBar's the Tiki Road Trip will be a suitable destination, chock full of Bosko tiki's, Hawaiian 50s travel prints, island inspired cuisine and tiki torches.

Pages: 1 5 replies