Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Polynesiac's show in San Pedro, CA Aug 5 2004

Pages: 1 11 replies

Come on down to San Pedro's August First Thursday art walk and check out some tiki carvings and other polynesian pop creations by Polynesiac (known as "MR. D" in these parts) and bask in the beauty that is the Los Angeles Harbor. The show will take place at a store called "Matthew Hopkins" that usually sells soaps, candles and occult/religious art and artifacts. If you're familiar with 'Pedro it's on 7th st between Pacific and Harbor Blvd, down from the WHale and Ale and accross from Godmothers bar.

There'll be a "preview" show on July 1st, but the "opening" will be on August 5th.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions.
Should be fun - First Thursday always is.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-06-17 13:17 ]

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-06-17 13:24 ]

Right on! Classic poster too!

Maybe we can carpool some 805ers down there to check it out.......Harbor City's Bongofury....

The preview show came and went without any advertising and went surprisingly well. We had many walk-ins surprised to see a little corner tiki bar with glass float lamps and tikis. A First Thursday First! I had a lot of great compliments (no sales, but a few who want custom jobs)that really got me fired up to hit the chisels.
The August opening will be more publicized (if you're in the area anyway) and should be fun!
Heres a link to my other thread that shows a few pictures of items I made:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7522&forum=7&vpost=100161
more will be added as computer time allows!

Bongo, SP come on down to beautiful, waterfront (er...harbor front really in this area) San Pedro!

M

Hey Polynesiac, I will be there....email me a copy of the poster and I will post it on my web site http://www.cruzretail.com
Your Pirate Tiki is my favorite!!!!

T

Polynesiac, very nice stuff, I wish you success with the show.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-12 08:02 ]

All of your creations are looking good and worthy of good homes. Best of luck to you Polynesiac, Have a good time, and remember enthusiasm is contagious.

Chongolio

M

Your flyer has been added to my home page...if there is a link let me know...see you at your show!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Mexatiki - mucho mahalo for the ad space, and I look forward to speaking with you and meeting you - you have been very kind. Sadly, no I do not have a link - but be one the lookout in the future...

The Pirate is one of my favorites too, and was not at the preview show...it's getting a wee bit of a makeover...gonna be more piratey for my san pedro ohana...

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-07-20 20:49 ]

M

No worries...glad to do it...your little Moai Pirates would make a great sticker...

Can't make it on the 5th, but I'm going to be in Long Beach on Saturday, so I think I'll cruise on by & check it out then. I'll probably miss the show, but at least I'll be able to check out your stuff.

Quick reminder...I still have A LOT left to do, so busy, busy busy....

sorry about the store being closed this morning Aaron, I hope you were able to peek inside. THanks for the interest!

Pages: 1 11 replies