Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I'm heading North

Pages: 1 5 replies

I'm heading up to Boston next weekend and was wondering what tiki places were must sees? I'm thinking of hitting the Kowloon. Is it worth it? Are there other places I should make sure I visit?

Thanks,

-g-

M

What about that harbor were all the Americans threw British Tiki mugs into the water? The.... the... (don't make me say it) Boston Tiki Party.

Aye, the start and end of Boston's "history"(apart from 'that' goal from Bobby Orr and the great molasses spill...).

You need to rent a car and go North these days. The Kowloon is, by all accounts, the one to see. Not much in Boston itself...

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-06-17 17:52 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:28 ]

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would respond if anyone else is going to be visiting the area.

There's a pretty cool restaurant on Route 1 above Boston called the Kowloon. It's got a huge Tiki on the outside of the building... can't really miss it. On the inside there are several dining rooms. One has a pool with working waterfalls and thatch, and another is done up to resemble a boat. They offer tropical drinks, pupu platters, and typical Chinese fare. It's pretty cool. The decor in the dining rooms dates from back in the day, but it's nowhere as spectacular as, say, the Mai Kai.

This area of Route 1 has some great roadside architecture, too. Near the Kowloon is the world's largest neon cactus, which literally has to be seen to be believed.

apart from 'that' goal from Bobby Orr and the great molasses spill...).

TW - the correct pronunciation would be BOBBY O-AH :) Kudos for mentioning the spill too. One of the many neat tidbits about a wonderful city.

Yeah, not too much tiki goin' on, but if you want to know Irish stuff...just lemme know cause it's chock full o' dat!

Pages: 1 5 replies