Tiki mac icons

Pages: 1 41 replies

L

all you lucky ones that have a mac g3, 4 or 5,

dig this:

http://xicons.com/search.php?keywords=tiki

spruice up yer desktop island style!

M

Thanks for the thread lanikai. I didn't know there were other Mac users around here.

I have to go set up my icons now on my G4......

F
foamy posted on Fri, Jun 18, 2004 9:39 AM

Tiki's are cool, Macs rule.

M

Mac-head here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeeet!
I'll be setting up my G4 as soon as I get home!

been working on Macs for 10 years now....my profession is dominated by 'em!

On 2004-06-18 10:58, suburbanpagan wrote:
been working on Macs for 10 years now....my profession is dominated by 'em!

My first Mac was a little 1MB SE that I bought in 1986. I've owned one ever since. Being a Graphic Designer & Musician, I'm with suburbanpagan... There is no other computer.

same here. Mac is like tiki. Everyone looks at you strange but YOU know how much it kicks *ss.

My old mac lives here with me at work...I do all my photo manipulation and illustrator work on it, then transfer it over to this slow PC. I can't even have 4 different programs open at the same time without crashing!!

LC II (1992)
LC 475 (1995)
Imac 300 mhz (1998)
G4 400 mhz (1999)
G4 1.2 ghz (2004)

I use PCs all day every day in corporate finance. When the subject comes up that I use Macs at home, the accounting folk shrug their shoulders and ask.... "Why?".

Stick with what you like I guess...

I've been working with Macs for 7 years now. My present job requires that I'm blingual (Mac and PC), I do get some strange looks at the airport when they see that I have two laptops.

P

4 Apple IIe
1 original Mac
6 Mac Plus
3 Mac IIci
4 Quadra
2 Mac 7600
3 Mac Power PC
6 Imacs
4 Ibooks
2 G-3
4 G-4

What do I win?

L

On 2004-06-18 14:08, pablus wrote:
4 G-4

What do I win?

wow sounds like my lineage, tho I had but one of each...

you win a NeXT computer!

M

On 2004-06-18 14:08, pablus wrote:

4 Apple IIe
1 original Mac
6 Mac Plus
3 Mac IIci
4 Quadra
2 Mac 7600
3 Mac Power PC
6 Imacs
4 Ibooks
2 G-3
4 G-4

What do I win?

Our gratitude for keeping Mr. Jobs very happy.

S

B&W G3. Thinkin about an Emac next. Might be interesting to start a Mac thread in the Beyond forum.

M

On 2004-06-18 14:45, spy-tiki wrote:
B&W G3. Thinkin about an Emac next. Might be interesting to start a Mac thread in the Beyond forum.

Seeing as we've strayed from the original topic, I would agree.

Here's another set of 8 Mac tiki icons:

http://users.skynet.be/petitpitou/icons2.html

Thanks Muggler! I'm on a G4 but I still run os 9. Those 8 li'l icons were perfect!

L

On 2004-06-18 07:04, MachTiki wrote:
Thanks for the thread lanikai. I didn't know there were other Mac users around here.

I have to go set up my icons now on my G4......

G3 blew up, my fault, so just picked up the new G4. Fassss buggah! Perfect for FCP.
just put the stone easter island heads on...replaced my generic apple default 3d hard drive icon (as cool a it was ) with the rapa nui icon.

just occurred to me; can replace any desktop icon with ANY tiki art one has seen on da net or whatevah tiki art found layin around on yer hard drive, same way... imagine yer desktop folders replaced with pics of yer fave tiki mugs!

E

::: hi fiving all the macheads in this thread! :::

I started out with an LC, then got a PowerMac 8500, and now I have a G3. I've had the displeasure of having to work on PC's and can't stand them (sorry PC people...ignore that last comment). I'm also a designer like some of you.

The first computer I ever used was way back in 1985...a Compugraphic (for typesetting) and I had to learn all that coding (kind of like DOS or writing HTML). Thankfully those days are gone. I'm a Mac loyalist and always will be. Amen.

T

I feel so left out. All I know is I wish I could afford a new Mac with one of those MONSTER flat screens, those are sweet. Next pc is a G4 and then I can bug all the Macheads for how to set it up sweet.

L

On 2004-06-20 08:09, Tiki-Toa wrote:
I feel so left out. All I know is I wish I could afford a new Mac with one of those MONSTER flat screens, those are sweet. Next pc is a G4 and then I can bug all the Macheads for how to set it up sweet.

this big flat screen is so incredible; crystal clear , finer detail, no refresh buusheeeyit, bright, crisp, realistic as not experienced B4.

Next pc is a G4 and then I can bug all the Macheads for how to set it up sweet.

ah but here yer still thinkin like a windoze person, for you will see the mac is truly "plug n play"
no more than 10 minutes after i opened the box, I had this new G4 surfin da net.

But we are very ready to offer any help!
buy new; bought a few used G's and they had a short shelf life. Look for the G5 which is dropping dramatically in price and will shortly be at the $ level G4 is now...

Thanks for the Mac Tiki icons (yes, one more BigDaddyMacTiki here.)

Has anyone seen some of Jen's work at www.pixeldecor.com? It is mostly mid-century modern, but there are a few Tiki patterns (and she is a kindred spirit.)

[ Edited by: MutantTiki on 2004-06-20 09:40 ]

T

Any G4 Cube owners here? I use an inhell Pentium at work but I come home to my Mac Cube. I think it's the best computer design - beautiful, compact, powerful, and no fan - it's completely silent!

And with my Mac I have my choice of alternative browsers to IE: Safari, Firefox, or Camino. Right now I'm using Firefox because of the Extensions that can be added. For example, I use the Bookmarks Synchronizer on Firefox at home and at work. It synchronizes my bookmarks that are stored on an ftp site so they stay the same wherever I am! And all 3 browsers block pop-ups. Firefox even has an add blocker that blocks those pesky flashing adds!

Geekily, thejab

On 2004-06-20 02:45, Exoticat wrote:
The first computer I ever used was way back in 1985...a Compugraphic (for typesetting) and I had to learn all that coding (kind of like DOS or writing HTML).

PAAAAAAIIIIN!!

We had one of those at my high school newspaper, where we saved our files onto TWELVE INCH floppies. That was an improvement over our previous Compugraphic machine, which only allowed you to set one line at a time and there was no saving your work. Ugh. Is that company still around or did Apple put them out of business?

We got Macs my senior year and our page layouts improved infinitely!

C

***Read below previous posts to see new additions.

I love to customize icons on my computer and am always searching for new ones. I've found 2 sets of tiki icons. If you're interested in downloading them...

Set 1 (10 icons) is from pixiegirlpresents.com on page 2 - http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/icons.php?page=2&cat=pc Choose your download - Mac or Windows XP.

Set 2 is for Macs only...damn. You'll find the 4 (only 3 are shown) tiki mug icons here: http://www.yellowicon.com Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose page 4. Sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures smaller so they're clearer. You get the idea though.

Have a drink on me...

[ Edited by: codelisa 2005-11-06 22:07 ]

[ Edited by: codelisa 2005-11-07 23:09 ]

T

&userWell this sucks - all the Mac zipped files are downloading as .sit files that will not open in OSX Tiger. Any Mac experts have any ideas?

I'm talking about the 2nd set by the way....

[ Edited by: Tangaroa 2005-11-02 06:28 ]

P

Tangaroa, I downloaded them ( I'm still using Panther) and unstuffed them. Let me know if you want me to email you the unstuffed PICT files. Thanks for posting these, codelisa.

[ Edited by: puamana 2005-11-02 08:40 ]

G

On 2005-11-02 06:27, Tangaroa wrote:
&userWell this sucks - all the Mac zipped files are downloading as .sit files that will not open in OSX Tiger. Any Mac experts have any ideas?

You can always download stuffit expander, which is free. That'll take care of those pesky .sit files. Otherwise, I'm sure that some of the Mac users (like yours truly) would be willing to lend a hand and rezip 'em for ya.

The second set, BTW, is four icons: the one not pictured in the preview is the famed "Tiki Bob" mug.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

T

On 2005-11-02 15:30, gwenners wrote:

You can always download stuffit expander, which is free. That'll take care of those pesky .sit files.

Nope - it's a OSX Tiger issue, I'm pretty sure. I have ZipIt, which I'm fairly certain is just as good at expandig .sit files....

But thanks to Puamana for unzipping & sending them to me!

J
Jawa posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2005 7:11 AM

That site also has an icon set called Snappy Hour! with artwork by Derek Yaniger...

G

On 2005-11-03 06:15, Tangaroa wrote:
I have ZipIt, which I'm fairly certain is just as good at expandig .sit files....

Nope. ZipIt only does Zip archives, not the proprietary .SIT files. :)

Glad ya got those icons.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

M

Here are some more icons for Macs.

...and here

... and some from Derek as well

It looks like the last two will work on Windows as well.

T

On 2005-11-03 21:12, gwenners wrote:

On 2005-11-03 06:15, Tangaroa wrote:
I have ZipIt, which I'm fairly certain is just as good at expandig .sit files....

Nope. ZipIt only does Zip archives, not the proprietary .SIT files. :)

Glad ya got those icons.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

Damn! Gwen is right!

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't used Stuffit in a long time & didn't realize that .sit was proprietary to Stuffit....

D

I really dig the Snappy Hour icons - Very swanky!!

C

I found 4 more sets of icons. 3 can be found here: http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/artists.php?id=230
They are Son of Tiki, Pinboy's Tiki and Pinboy Tiki Too.
Here are 2 of Son of Tiki:

The 4th set is at Petit-Pitou's World. Click here: http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/rocco/475/icons2.html
They are the 8 mugs surrounding the hula girl.

Have fun!
codelisa

S

Nice find Codelisa. For the stuffit discussion...these new ones download as .sea.
Stuffit wouldn't recognize it. You can simply change the .sea to .sit and voila! However these are OS9 type icons and not enough resolution for OSX. Groovy all the same

C

Sorrry to hear these didn't turn out to be useful. Not even the mug icons at Petit-Pitou's World? Oh well, life goes on....

S

Hey, they're wonderful! The ones from Petit-Pitou's World though are older and will work with OS-X, but won't look that good. They'll work great on older versions of the operating system though.

C

spy-tiki, Glad you got to use some of the icons. I wish I could have....mac is way better for tiki icons than Windows I guess. I'm still hunting tho!
codelisa

topics merged.

M

Wow so many MAC users! Just upgraded my new 20" imac to Tiger. I'm not sure it's that much better than panther, definately not as smooth.

I'm keeping panther on my G5 until they fix some of the issues. I've got the 23" monitor, anyone got the 30"? saw one at our local MAC store (yes we have a MAC store on Maui) it's amazing. I think I'll need to upgrade to a newer G5 to run it, if I ever can afford one.

Pages: 1 41 replies