Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Bar instructions?

Pages: 1 3 replies

J
Jay_G posted on Sat, Jun 19, 2004 3:13 AM

I'm going to try and build a Tiki Bar. At the moment I'm not looking to do anything fancy. That will come later. I'm looking to build a portable bar that I can set up by the pool, or move into a TIKI room that I will build later.

I've seen some nice ones on Ebay, but I think that because of Shipping it would be better to get some stuff and home depot and build my own.

Are there any step by step instructions/ supply lists, available online that I could use as a guide or for inspirtation?

I saw someone on Ebay selling a PDF file for a massive one, a few weeks ago, but I can't find that now. Not that I would build one that fancy anyway. Though if the instructions were available for free I'd sure download them. (Many of the digital products people sell on Ebay are avaiable for free on the web)

Thank You

_ Jay

The book "PAD - the guide to ultra-living" by Matt Maranian, has simple instructions on how to build a tiki bar.

http://www.tikicentral.com/books/tabootomes.htm

With under $50, very little planning, and some careful measuring I built a small bar structure out of MDF. It consists mainly of two "L" shaped end pieces with 2 shelves that also serve as structural support. Capped the front with heavy masonite (also serves as structural support. The "L" shape provides a foot-ledge and low center of gravity. It will cost more for finishing (matting, urathane, etc.) but it's a good start.

To make it lighter and more portable, I could have used plywood (MDF is quite heavy) and incorporated hinges.

Check out the Konakai site and look for the portable tiki bar listing they have.
Aloha.

Pages: 1 3 replies