Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tropical Drink experiences

Pages: 1 7 replies

L

interested in your Hawaii tropical drink experiences...

was hangin at Tikis Grill and bar at the Aston last nite with a ladyfriend.
Had their Rum Punch, (thats what it is, not gonna refer to it by the full name they give it)
This was basically a maitai with no "rock candy syrup" but instead, almond and mango flavoring added.
had three in a row. after the hour and a half or so we were there, didnt notice a bit of a buzz. She had same, no effect either. sober as a judge, officer!

Shoulda felt a little warm and fuzzy inside after what; 9 shots worth of rum!?

place was packed; thank got for the tourons.

Hawaiian music played by da three local bruddahs was great. perfect old skool renditions of the classics we grew up on. All but fell on def eah for the most part as the packed house resembles a loud frat party...

L

On 2004-06-20 08:27, lanikai wrote:
interested in your Hawaii tropical drink experiences...

was hangin at Tikis Grill and bar at the Aston last nite with a ladyfriend.
Had their Rum Punch, (thats what it is, not gonna refer to it by the full name they give it)
This was basically a maitai with no "rock candy syrup" but instead, almond and mango flavoring added.
had three in a row. after the hour and a half or so we were there, didnt notice a bit of a buzz. She had same, no effect either. sober as a judge, officer!

Shoulda felt a little warm and fuzzy inside after what; 9 shots worth of rum!?

place was packed; thank got for the tourons.

Hawaiian music played by da three local bruddahs was great. perfect old skool renditions of the classics we grew up on. All but fell on def eah for the most part as the packed house resembles a loud frat party...

oh yea;

as we were trying to decide intiially, the waiter said this is the strongest drink they have.

next trip, when he delivered the first round, he said these have more alcohol than a long island ice tea. (!?)

(after a sip, I wanted to say;
" I know long island ice tea.
long island ice tea is a friend of mine.
This is no long island ice tea.")

I hear ya' Lanikai,
The drinks at Tiki's are pretty weak and the crowd just want's to be seen. Other than the decor the place doesn't have much to offer. I'll take Duke's ANYday, especially when bruddah Jonah is on the guitar.
Aloha,
:tiki:

L

On 2004-06-21 00:02, Tiki Royale wrote:
I hear ya' Lanikai,
The drinks at Tiki's are pretty weak and the crowd just want's to be seen. Other than the decor the place doesn't have much to offer.

and even that; it's decorated like a temporary exhibit. all stuff at eye level and all new current fad stuff, (leopard print LA tiki style art...)
but to be fair; some Lerpy Shmaltz classic perrenial faves tho, that save it from blase' ness.

L

On 2004-06-21 00:09, lanikai wrote:

I hear ya' Lanikai,
The drinks at Tiki's are pretty weak and the crowd just want's to be seen. Other than the decor the place doesn't have much to offer.

and even that; it's decorated like a temporary exhibit. all stuff at eye level and all new current fad stuff, (leopard print LA tiki style art...)
but to be fair; some Lerpy Shmaltz classic perrenial faves tho, that save it from blase' ness.

"but to be fair; some Lerpy Shmaltz classic perrenial "

duuuh.
'course I meant
Leroy Shmaltz

M

No, I like Lerpy. I'm gonna call him that the next time I visit OA. :wink:

L

On 2004-06-21 07:26, martiki wrote:
No, I like Lerpy. I'm gonna call him that the next time I visit OA. :wink:

oh great.
just don't ask him to autograph anything that way.

On 2004-06-21 00:09, lanikai wrote:

I hear ya' Lanikai,

Blase'ness? I have to show for the love for Tiki''s. That is like saying Tiki-Ti is merely an old tiki bar.

Tiki's is decorated to the hilt with more 6 foot tikis in one bar/grill than probably anywhere else on Earth.

It also is features art from Shag and Gecko, and many others. Tiki's features almost as much tiki art as the CaproNasson Gallery in the Night of the Tiki exhibition.

Tiki's glows from the blaze of the tiki torches which surround the patio and features a view of the Pacific framed by Waikiki Beach.

It is a fantastic tiki bar in the tropics, not to be missed!

Pages: 1 7 replies