Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Happy Father's Day

Pages: 1 12 replies

Hey just wanted to say to to all of the guys (and Mothers if you do the same thing) who are Fathers on Tiki Central,HAPPY FATHER'S Day, hope it is a good one for you and your families.

Thanks Tiki-Toa. Sorry to say Father's Day is not good for me & my family this year. I got a phone call from my brother first thing this morning. I thought he was calling to wish me happy father's day like he does every year. Instead he was calling to tell me two Marines came to his door last night shortly before mid-night to tell him his only son had been shot & killed in Iraq. Father's Day has been cancelled this year on account of death!

S
SES posted on Sun, Jun 20, 2004 3:08 PM

That's so sad! My thoughts are with you and your family.
I wonder if they kept it before midnight so it wouldn't be on Father's Day?

:(

O

Sorry to hear about your sad news. That really sucks. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

T

Shipwreck, I am very sorry to hear of your familes loss, as a former Marine I wish I had better words to say to comfort you and your family, I used to think we were there for the right reasons, now...I cannot even remember now why we are there, it just feels like it has become a new Vietnam (I say this after what I remember from talking to Old Salts in my time in)
Once again Joey, my best to you and your family.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:29 ]

Shipwreckjoey.....our thoughts are with you and yours at this most difficult time.

Fathers Day is also difficult for us. I was not sure I was ever going to share this information, but I think it is now appropriate. We lost our only child to a drunk driver several years ago. He was just getting ready to enter the LAPD police academy. He is on the right. This was the last picture of us together.

These posts remind me of the dangers of love. I sort of didn't want children because I was always afraid I'd never be able to continue if something happened to them.

But that's the risk. Hopefully the good times will outweigh the bad.

For those that have lost loved ones, I like to think that TC serves as family. Even old Bong cares deeply for his friends...

My fathers day isn't as bad as whats gone before. But when you're the adopted son, and you're the only kid calling to wish him happy fathers day, it kind of sucks.

Next year we'll all get together and raise a glass to our dads. Deal?

TG

Thank you all for your condolences and well wishes. I will certainly pass them on to my brother & his family. Bongofury - your son was beautiful, I'm so sorry for your loss.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-06-21 07:49 ]

Thank you Tiki Toa, and give my regards to your husband too. Don't be afraid to send me more pics of that carving you're doing!

Very sorry for your loss Shipwreckjoey. As a father of 4 I can't even imagine what would happen if I lost one of mine.

On a lighter note, and I hope not an inappropriate one, my family made me very happy. My kids gave me two silk hawaiian print shirts, my wife gave me Shag's Tiki Drink's Deck and one of those Tiki Jee Jee gift sets you find at Marshal's or Spencer's, then everyone took me out for a wonderful brunch at a nice place called The Quilted Bear.

I am very grateful to be surrounded by such a carring family. I hope everyone could enjoy some part of this day in thier own way.

T

Wait a minute...........yep, I am the Hubby.

Oh gosh, am I red. I would explain why I thought otherwise, but I think it would just make it worse.

Pages: 1 12 replies