Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

IDOL TIME print?

Pages: 1 26 replies

K

i have been lead to believe that Copro Nason is interested in making a limited edition print of one of my images...though there is a toss up between 2 images

"black and tan hula hands"

or...

"monkeyking"

to me there is no debate...

Harvest will be doing the reprocuctions when they are made so quality is not an issue...not sure how limited a run it will be or what size/cost will look like...more details to follow when i have them...which one would you reproduce Tiki Toa???

i would like to once again thank the tiki centralites that have supported my art since i have shown my ugly head here...i especially appreciate your support here at this last show in LA...i met some awesome people and i'll never forget it!

mahalo
Miles

D

ooh, making you pick.. thats like asking "who's your favorite child?"

love them both.. keep us TC folks advised when the prints are available!

F
foamy posted on Sun, Jun 20, 2004 8:19 PM

monkey king, please. They're both way nice. Do keep us posted!

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-06-20 20:22 ]

B

monkeyking

Where's the line start for buyers?

T

Kooche "black and tan hula hands" for me, something about the hula girl, and the volcano, and the surfer god that is truly visually pleasing, and it is one of the things that I enjoy most about your work is how you have so many levels going on at once and each part seems to say something within the whole. Where do I send the money?

K

to me the obvious choice is black and tan hula hands...but look at the responses...every time i send 2 pieces or more to a show.... if i get one back it's the one i think i will sell first...typical from what i hear from gallery folks...

glad you all are into it...will let you know what happens with the prints as soon as i hear about the details!

I gotta go with Monkey King. I would have loved to have bought the original from CN but I didn't have the $$$$$$ at the time. I'd probably be interested in buying the Monkey King print if it becomes a reality. I can't have enough of your art....I'm fortunate enough to have the "Scuba" painting, the Tapa print, and a Brown Eyes mini print. I need more, more, more!

Hey, we're going to the Ti later this week to celebrate Sirginn's departure to San Diego. Not sure which day just yet. We'll keep you posted.

Like them both but when it comes down to it I prefer MonkeyKing.

V

"black and tan hula hands"....but they're both great... thanks for sharing those with us.

"black and tan hula hands" by a mile.

K

agreed to the max! though it appears we are the minority here...

T

From what I can see it is 5 for Monkey King and 4 for Hands and 2 that like both, I think we need more voters. :)

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

B

I think I would like the "Black and Tan Hula hands" It'sa tough choice tho. In an hour I may vote differently but gimme Hands.

T

Hands is pulling ahead. Did I make a funny?

L

My vote goes to "caltjader"

Monkeyking for sure!

"Hands"

But it's not that easy a choice....

Trader Woody

K

anybody who wants a copy of that "Cal Tjader" painting...

send a post card stamp my way and i'll send you one of my promo post cards...

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com/allaboutus/GALLERY/HTML%20ABOUT%20US/caltjader.html

2615 n vermont
la ca 90027

thanks for all the compliments folks!

G

"black and tan hula hands"

love da island and all da flowers. Like da wahine to....I like it all. I hope will own and original of yours one day.

Aloha

L

"monkeyking"

dayum thats good stuff!

reminds me of the animation midway of this video.

http://www.bjork.com/videogallery/watch.php?video=11;size=medium

These would make killer aloha shirts!

K

thanks for the feedback y'all...it is nice to hear...

that bjork vid was made by a bunch of folks that i know from the animation industry...though at the end there is a part where bjork rips a chicken in half...that was omitted on the post from the link above...i still love that vid...john k was great! now he's a lot like peter lorre in fritz lang's "M"

L

On 2004-06-22 08:16, kooche wrote:
thanks for the feedback y'all...it is nice to hear...

that bjork vid was made by a bunch of folks that i know from the animation industry...

spumco 4 evah!

My dog's breath smells like dog food.

B

My dog was eatin' cat poop and I'm not smelling her breath!

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-06-22 11:28 ]

bjork meets ren and stimpy? oddly it seemed a good meeting.

Also if "Hands" gets done I am getting one of those sweet frames from chikitiki, I think I would just put that on a wall all by it's self, nothing else to take away from the beauty of the print.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-22 14:41 ]

S

Miles- Glad to hear Gary and Doug are down for making a print from the show, so many to choose from. Monkey king or hands, its a toss up, dig'em both. We should have more wall space in San Diego for either of them. Another frame by Danny would definitely be in order for either one.
We will be at the Ti on Thursday if you are down for a Chi Chi.

Pages: 1 26 replies