Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ma Boy, Leroy!

Pages: 1 6 replies

L

Nuting better than wakin up with Kona coffe sunday morning perusing da Hawaiian pepah and landing upon an article on the world's fave tiki carver!

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Jun/20/il/il03a.html

T

Mahalo for posting this Lanikai.

Nice article, but perhaps they should follow it up with one about their home-grown talent.

Trader Woody

S
Scott posted on Mon, Jun 21, 2004 5:11 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Leroy last weekend in Whittier. It turns out he is a friend of my father-in-law from high school.
What a nice guy! He spent about an hour talking with my family. I grew up in OC and never heard of Oceanic Arts until I bought the Tiki Road Trip book.

Thanks Leroy!

L

On 2004-06-21 16:50, Trader Woody wrote:
Nice article, but perhaps they should follow it up with one about their home-grown talent.

Trader Woody

your patience will be rewarded.

G

Leroy and Bob r da bes! They inspire a lot of us new school carvers!

L

On 2004-06-22 00:36, GECKO wrote:
Leroy and Bob r da bes! They inspire a lot of us new school carvers!

Leroy and Bob are the coolest; got lineage, contacts, history validity they have been there, done that.
Bob and leroy are definitley the "go to guys".

Bob's very savvy, great businessman. without sacrificing his natural aloha spirit.
Leroy is absolutely the greatest cool cat; I love his humility; when someone came up to him and asked for his autograph on one o his carvings, he obliged readily but as the fan left, shook his head in amazement regarding this "deification" and told me what he thought about this kinda thing...

had conversations with him re; the current tiki carvings and learned much from the mind that has created most all tiki that america has grown up with. very intriguing, thought provoking, clear perspective.
Tops in my book.

[ Edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-22 02:32 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies