Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

WI, IL, MI Tikiphiles... Lake Surfer's Tikis at Cedarburg Strawberry Days Festival this weekend...

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha all! My first big show of this summer is at the Cedarburg, WI Strawberry Festival Fine Arts and Crafts Fair. The show starts on Saturday and Sunday at 10 am and goes until 5 pm. I will have a wide selection of tikis from 2 feet to 6 feet tall. My tikis are all carved from Wisconsin wood... mainly pine (white, yellow, spruce) basswood, birch and ash. They are also ready for the outdoors with a protective coating of clear poly.
In addition to tikis I will also have some of my handcarved tiki lamps with rattan shades.
I should have between 30-40 tikis on site.

I'll be accepting cash and checks... sorry, no credit cards yet...

If you're looking for a handcarved wood tiki for your home, pool, or tiki bar and don't want to pay to have one shipped, take a trip to Cedarburg this weekend and check out my work.

Cedarburg, WI is just west of I-43 North in Ozaukee County...

Exit HWY. C off I-43, go west to Washington Ave. Head north on Washington Ave. to downtown Cedarburg. Parking may be a challenge later in the day... weekend attendence is expected to be 20,000 plus...

Hope to maybe see some of you there...

Mahalo!

AKA Tiki Dave around The Inland Seas...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-06-22 01:39 ]

T

Lake already talked to Mrs. TT and sounds like we will be there, hoping to get there early before it gets nuts, look forward to meeting you and seeing your tikis.

I will absolutely be there! I grew up in Grafton, so Cedarburg was like my back yard. Hopefully I can meet some TCers. Good luck with the sale.

C

Darn! - I'll be in Winnipeg this weekend for work - thanks for posting & post again when you'll be at another event, as I'd love to chat & maybe buy a tiki or 2.....

:drink:

Good news... I was just accepted to the art fair at
Port Washington Fish Day.
The date is July 17, 2004 Hours are from 11 am to 6 pm...

More info to come... looking forward to Cedarburg this weekend!

T

Lake do you have any idea where you will be set up?

Downtown somewhere... near the Cedarburg Cultural Center... have to go to bed now so I can get up in 5 hours and drive to set up my spot!

T

Lake~

Mahalo for showing me all of your great tikis, your stuff is great! Hope you had a good weekend with that huge crowd.

Thanks for the kind words...

The festival sucked. I paid $100 for the booth space for the weekend and not a single tiki sold.
I have a lot of tikis back at the house now.

Lake Surfer,

Very impressed with your work, thanks for showing me. I'm very sorry to here about your no-sale. Maybe if you can incorporate some cows or a bird house into a tiki, the folks in Cedarburg might be more impressed.

See you at the Oshkosh event!

lake surfer, got your message over on my post for comfest, sorry to hear about it, but chin up! the message i was going to send you was very similar.for me it was three days of sitting(and drinking and bbq pork) and i sold three small tikis, while the clay crafters in the booth next to us sold out nightly.although one woman really loved my african art???!!my wife did better though at necklaces. oh well it was fun.so just think, do you really want your tiki going into the african room? there are bigger fish to fry.best luck and see you soon, im sure we'll have a lot of similar stories to tell. jimmy.i'm sorry, the wife informed me i sold four.but trust me theres no reason your stuff wont sell, it will.

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2004-06-28 22:12 ]

Mahalo Chisel Slinger... ah, the Midwest...

I did get an order last night from an Ontario lake surfer for a tiki wedding gift... so, I have my nitch market, its just small and inconsistant...

I never expected to get rich off a hobby either I guess... its much nicer to think that those passionate about tiki will have them...

Pages: 1 11 replies