Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Al Lapin Jr, co founder of IHOP Dies

Pages: 1 4 replies

Oh God, Oh Allah, Oh Satan, Oh mystic powers! I can't believe it! I've finally been the first one to post an obit!

I don't know anything about this man's life, or how he died, and I don't care! All I care is that I - Tiki Bong - was the first to post it!

Where do I start, where do I start? Well, I'd first like to thank those 2 people that produced me many years ago, wherever they are (?)

Next, I'd like to thank my 6th grade teacher - Mrs Marple - the sweet old lady that taught me the alphabet (big letters too!). This is just my opinion, but I've always firmly believed that the alphabet IS the building blocks of the English language.

This honor is the greatest feeling I've had all day, and it even took less than my normal 15 seconds to achieve.

I love Amercica! I love America! But most of all, I love the Milky Way, without which we wouldn't have been able to name that candy bar.

But most of all, I want to thank that most marvelous person, the one who's personality, humor, and wit rises above all humanity, and that would be ME - TIKI BONG! I love me, I love me. I want to attempt a 'reach around' on myself!

I always knew that good things DO come to those that persevere.

You have to have a dream, because if you don't have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true?

This honor has left me with the afterglow of cheap cologne, I think I'm going to microwave a frozen burrito now...

IHOP is responsible for quite a few syrup-stained sleeves. It seems anytime I visited an IHOP, the table was sticky with syrup.

L

On 2004-06-22 09:08, Sam Gambino wrote:
IHOP is responsible for quite a few syrup-stained sleeves. It seems anytime I visited an IHOP, the table was sticky with syrup.

IHOP is also responsible for helping a young keiki out early on;
It was my second job during my teens... too long ago!
was dishwasher and cook there at about 16 years of age, Honolulu location

Well, at least you're not the one who left syrup on the tables! :wink:

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-06-22 09:20 ]

L

On 2004-06-22 09:17, Sam Gambino wrote:
Well, at least you're not the one who failed to clean the syrup off of the tables! :wink:

that stuff WAS tenacious! Did alotta mopping and table cleaning because of it.
but what rewards; all the pancakes I could make and consume!
ono grinds!

malama ki'i kahiko

[ Edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-22 09:21 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies