Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Evolution of a Carving

Pages: 1 5 replies

First chops with the axe...seeds of something cool maybe? needs detail!

hmmmm...didn't like the mouth......going for the mouth full o' teeth!...experimenting with a torch...mixed results....

gettin' somewhere now....

becoming one with my chisels and now diving in! thinking of backing off the torch and giving it a lacquer coat instead....don't want to get ahead of myself! Thank you for your patience!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2004-06-23 01:47 ]

B

Surburbanpagan looking good. You will see more improvement as you get familiar with your chisels and you use them more. Keep it up and I really love the Pictures "In Progress".

thanks benzart! I've noticed that I have to pay close attention to the direction of my strokes on this piece of wood....the mouth is verrrrry crumbly!

M

SP I agree the teeth look much better, really brings him to life. Cool carving keep them coming!

Your tiki is rad. I really like the look of that last picture. very primitive and menacing! I think that pic would make a good album cover , Oops, I mean DVD cover.

Chongolio

I appreciate all the words of encouragement! I'm glad I worked in the teeth....he was looking too "clowny" before! hmmm....DVD you say? I like it!

Pages: 1 5 replies