Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Garage Sale Saturday and Sunday 6-26 and 6-27

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha... I have no idea what I'm selling because I packed up so many boxes 5-6 months ago and shipped them over to my folks house for the sale - I have forgotton what's in them!

I think there may be 1-2 tiki items - but i can't remember (if i do find them - i'll put them aside for T.C. of course)... a few Mid Century things... like vintage wood slat benches, Fiberglass Eames Chairs, etc... pile of Disney News Magazines from the 1980s and 1990s (interested tangaroa or sabu???) 2 awesomely cool metal 60s wall hangings that i really should put on ebay - cause i'd get more mula - but i'd hate to try and pack and ship 'em... and a ton of everyday newer bric-a-brac and plain ole junk!

Anyways - Here's the particulars:

Saturday 9-4 (tiki early birds welcome - but i won't be up b4 7:30ish)
Sunday 10-2 everything 1/2 price

directions:
get to the Ventura 101/134 Freeway
Off at Van Nuys in Sherman Oaks
Head south towards the hills
Turn left at the 2-3 stoplight which will be Moorpark (if you hit Ventura Blvd. you have gone too far)
go about 4-5 blocks to Katherine Ave and turn right to 4436 Katherine.

Lastly - if anyone wants to participate and/or contribute items to sell - you are more than welcome - swing by with stuff Friday b4 Tiki Taix. The sale is in a good location and usually gets good traffic in that neighborhood.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-06-23 15:14 ]

T

Damn, I'm looking for a metal wall hanging!
Has to be like a starburst though... tall order I know. I had no idea they were so pricey until I looked em up on Ebay last week.

Thanks - but we will be driving our way up the coast for the annual Cambria trip this weekend!
Sabu - the Disney mags are all yours!

Futura Girl......you ought not to post your home address for all the world to see!!! Any freak (including serial killers and spammers) now know exactly where you live!!!!

I thought that was the address for the Futura Parental Units.

this sale is NOT i repeat, not at my home.

and i had to post an address in the newspaper ad... so... i did change the pos just a bit - to make it less conspicuous.

thank you for your concern - it is really nice to have friends looking out for you.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-06-23 15:15 ]

That's good Futura Girl!

Sometimes even I forget that this site is available to the entire world..including con-artists, indentity thieves and spammers!

I want to trust my fellow humans. but that would be naive, espcecially in this day an age!

Here's the official Craig's List Post.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/gms/34759654.html

Which has links to pictures of the:
Wood slat benches,
Retro 1970s Plastic Clock Radio,
Metal Wall Sculptures,
Vintage Steel Cabinets,
Eames Chairs,
Tiki-esque Hammock frame

This last item would be pretty cool to see it go to a t.c.er - i'll make you a sweet deal if it's a pal...

Pages: 1 7 replies