Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

blazed monkey number???

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

yet another intoxicated primate for your viewing pleasure... this one is for Stuckie at Munktiki...rumor has it that we are doing a mug together that will be available at my Tell Tale Tiki show in December...see you then wahines and kanes!

B

Looks like the monkey definately had too much Jesus Juice. Keep'em rollin. Looking real good.

Pumping 'em out like always :wink: ...kewl!

Fez+monkey=FEZ MONKEY...........hmmmm....
.....I seem to note a theme developing here.

Kooche, that is one wild chimp, cannot wait to see the mug if it is based on that.

S

Nice one Miles, "Drunkey" from the Island Images Show is still in the bedroom, and now "Tiki Tree" is in the living room, and the "Sunset" from island images features a primate too. Between the prints and paintings I think there are about 6 drunk monkeys in our house! Keep painting. A kooch-e mug would look real nice at the bar.

Boy. This guy's in rough shape. I have a dial up connection and usually and image loads a row at a time, but this one just waited and waited and then suddenly appeared in a perfectly complete blaze of glory. Love it! Especially the purple tongue & the flames coming off the brain. Been there.

K

thanks for the feedback y'all! i am so stoked that i got in touch with the people at Munktiki...we are about to have a mind meld on a mug design and i can't WAIT until i fianlly get a drink from one of the first ones!

T

Kooche, my wife even says she liked it, which if you knew my wife was a surprise, well except for the one dropping eye, how hard or how much would it be to get you to do another one somewhat smilar?

Kooch, that's what I felt like last week . Ededrhnhsl.

Now someone needs to invent a drink called a "Flaming Monkey Brain" to serve in the mug. Mmmm, Flaming Monkey Brains...

K

my wife is not so hot on stuff like this either...i understand why...it's kind of gross if you are sensitive...for a piece like this one i would ask between $450-$750 depending on if i or the gallery felt it was a stand out piece....for example...the piece i used for my card at the copro nason gallery was the same size and it was priced at $750...but it was usede to promote the show so it automatically goes up in price do to the reproduction of it...if a piece like this was commissioned by a publisher to be a book cover it would be worth from $3000 upwards...crazy what happens when you pay to reproduce something!

Well first thing is, MONKEY is a stand out piece, of all of the ones I have seen that is the one that I would most like to, well right after "hands", that one I know everyone that sees it would enjoy it as it hung on my wall, but MONKEY is special in that it captures and evokes something unique. That and who cannot love a drunken fez wearing monkey with a cool tiki mug!

Pages: 1 11 replies