Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for Schoon tiki mug

Pages: 1 18 replies

Does any one have one of these to trade? If so, I have a Munktiki Chongo or Blue Shag Rotango to trade for it.

T

Sorry! I won't give mine up for love or money. Or even a date with Johnny Depp.

What is a scoon tiki mug? I have never heard that expression before.

That is one cool mug! What would you give it up for Tikifish? :)

Dang, not even Johnny Depp? How about The Rock?

How 'bout McDougall? :)

Oh but of course!

Surprising that the person that made those did not realise what she had in that mug, she could do a Munktiki and put one a week on auction and really do well for themselves, and with that unique look and style I wonder what else they might have designed since then.

Come on Tikifish, I'm sure there is something I have that you want. I can send you pics....

T

Naw, I am afraid my Schoon tiki is one of those 'til death do us part mugs', along with my #1 Shecky and my Miloko Ultra. I bought the Schoon tiki off Ebay on a whim, I jad JUST started collecting when they were up for sale, and I couldn't resist cause it was so cool looking. I thought the 40 or 30 bucks that I paid for it was really expensive at the time though!

Hey, I just realized I have a thing for white mugs - wee need more white mugs in this world!

T

[i]Hey, I just realized I have a thing for white mugs - wee need more white mugs in this world!

TF do you have the Bastrado mug or any of the other mugs from Munktiki, they make some really cool white ones, something about the simple color scheme and look that is cool.

White mugs are my favorite, Miloko Ultra has such a cool texture, I'll never part with mine either. Shecky #1 is quite a Holy Grail! Some White Off white mugs

Any takers, anybody? Come on, there has to be a fellow TCer that has two of these babies!

Hi, allow me to set a few things straight. Most of you have the facts very close to being right but some got a bit mixed up over time. SchoonTiki was made by my wife Artist/Designer Christie Wright for a private Function in Brooklyn in 2001 that doubled as the SchoonTiki launch and art event. I forgot how many were cast but I believe it was only 50 pcs or so. We did sell almost all of them on ebay and they went fast. We ourselves have only about two left that we will hang onto ofcourse. Schoon is indeed a dutch word that means clean, but also beautiful and the mug was a karikaturesk tiki style self portrait of her. It was not a thesis piece but made after Gradschool in New York City. Her current website address is http://www.elastichome.com and she currently works as both an artist and product designer.

I hope this helps and it's sure great to see that Schoon Tiki is so well loved in the TIki community.

WOW, COOL SITE, ANY THOUGHTS OF DOING A SECOND RUN?

FA

On 2005-09-07 07:32, rustbeltcat wrote:
ANY THOUGHTS OF DOING A SECOND RUN?

**PLEASE!!!!**There are many, many people that would love to own one. Maybe you could do a color change for the 2nd run.

On 2005-09-07 07:18, SchoonTikiHusband wrote:
Schoon is indeed a dutch word that means clean, but also beautiful and the mug was a karikaturesk tiki style self portrait of her.

I'm not going to be the first to comment on her self-image of her teeth, but at least she acknowledged that she's "beautiful:"

It's awesome that you all would welcome a second run, but I believe we broke the mold. There are some thoughts about doing a "sequel" and the tiki toe torches were never put up for auction. Would anyone welcome us putting those up on ebay?

[ Edited by: SchoonTikiHusband 2005-09-08 16:44 ]

Pages: 1 18 replies