Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Please point me in the right direction

Pages: 1 4 replies

H

sorry, i know how people hate people asking repeated questions and i'm sure this is probably one of those times, sorry i'm a newbie :) I've been searching the net for some information on building a tiki bar and i came across this site which seems like it will be a lifesaver. I browsed a bit but I was wondering if someone could help me find materials, mainly thatch and bamboo. (I live in new york in case it makes a difference). And if there's any kind of guide that shows how to build one that would be cool. I saw some tiki carvings on here, you guys are awesome! I would love to get into that but i'd probably be better off buying one after ruining hundreds of pieces of wood. Thanks in advance guys!

I

Here is a place that might help you out - located in nearby New Jersey

http://www.bambooandrattan.com

Vern

S

I think the general view on how to build a bar is to just build it. If you have the tools, and are thinking of making it, just go with your own ideas. It's basically a 4 foot high box with a shelf. Trust yourself.

L

On 2004-06-24 21:31, hunka27 wrote:
sorry, i know how people hate people asking repeated questions and i'm sure this is probably one of those times, sorry i'm a newbie :) I've been searching the net for some information on building a tiki bar

I like to think this tiki community has alotta aloha spirit enuff to wanna help instances like this and will not think any question is redundant...

just do a search on TC for
make a tiki bar
and you get alotta leads. here's one...

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9209&forum=7

[ Edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-24 21:44 ]

I don't know how dirty you want to get, and I'm not advocating breaking the law, but... When I was a kid we used to cut bamboo in the old Sailor's Snug Harbor on Staten Island (now the Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Staten Island Botanical Gardens). We'd hop the fence on Kissel or Henderson, go down by the lower ponds & cut it with a machete.

Pages: 1 4 replies