Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

edens island rerelease

Pages: 1 10 replies

D

on collectors choice,heres the skinny---------------dave from jersey

http://www.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=CCM04672

[ Edited by Humuhumu to provide a more generic link without personal account info ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-25 17:57 ]

Ooh, thanks for the heads-up! I'd heard great things about this album, but Mig recently gave me a mix CD that includes "Mongoose," and I have to say it's a delightful little ditty. Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on the whole CD.

M

Humuhumu,
I think you will like the CD! There are far better songs than Mongoos. The "Myner Bird" is very tiki-esq and my favorite is "Old Boat" which has the sounds of a creaking wood boat throughout. Very exotic!

D

I'm definitely gonna pick this one up. Thanks for passing the word.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2004 5:51 PM

Hey

Better redo that link. It gives access to a personal checkout cart and some account info.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2004 6:55 PM

I'm not even going to try and figger that one out...the Wackyavellian world of the internet! :wink: :lol:

"Eden's Island" is the greatest exotica album, EVER!

W
wushu posted on Mon, Jul 5, 2004 5:16 AM

Man this is great news, I have been tryin' to track down this album for years. Huzzah Huzzah for CC music

finally, my prayers have been answered....been huntin this one a long time too!!!

H

Just got my Eden's Island CD, popped open the case, but haven't listened to it yet. Collector's Choice Music is responsible for the rerelease (looks like it was through a partnership with Rhino). I've never seen the first CD release, so I don't know how it compares side-by-side. There are some extensive liner notes by Bryan Thomas talking about Ahbez's life, but I can't tell if there are any details on the packaging that are particular to this reissue (other than the CCD logo & 2004 copyright).

Can't wait to give 'er a listen!

:music: Mongoose chase the snake away, mongoose chase the snake away! :music:

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-27 13:09 ]

HL

I got the first reissue CD, oh lordy, maybe almost 10 years ago from Del-Fi Records.

The booklet sounds similar to what I've got. No sense reinventing the wheel, I suppose.

Pages: 1 10 replies