Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Jungle Skipper Finds Way Home...

Pages: 1 7 replies

I

Hi,

I am an ex WDW Jungle Cruise Skipper who for 20 years has been looking for a group of adventurers who understand Tiki (since my wife just thinks I am crazy). Looks like I finally found it.

Greetings fellow Tiki lovers. I am SOOOO glad I found this place.

Now, where is the bar?

I-Tiki

Aloha I-Tiki,

As one that grew up in Anaheim, I always wondered, are the skippers given leeway to come up with their own dialog on the cruises? Do they have to see if it flies with management, or do they just let it rip and hope there's not PC fallout?

T

Aloha I-Tiki,
There are quite a few TC Members from the MD/DC/VA area. We have a site with a local message board. We usually use that for local events. Stop by there as well.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2004-06-25 13:49 ]

D

welcome aboard, I TIki... you must have great tales to tell.. pour a drink and tell us stories!

glad you found the tiki-est place on the net!

elicia

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:30 ]

B

Come on in I-Tiki, sit down and stay awhile. Of course while you are staying awhile you can post pictures, tell us all you know, We have Lots of time. Welcome to TC. Come on in and sit down and stay awhile.
Welcom.....

I

"are the skippers given leeway to come up with their own dialog on the cruises? Do they have to see if it flies with management, or do they just let it rip and hope there's not PC fallout?"

Well, there is the "approved" spiel and then there is the real spiel. For every scene the approved spiel had about three alternatives of dialog. A good skipper also had about 10 clean alternatives and 3 not so clean alternatives to each scene. Yes, there is a fully R-Rated speil (saved for speciel events such as Grad Night). No, I can't post it. If you used a clean version of the spiel and got caught (usually by sinister management types cleverly hiding behind a bananna tree somewhere in the Jungle)you got a slap on the wrist. If you used a dirty version you were usually canned or forced to work at "Small World" until you lost it.

Always remember... "Time flys like arrows, fruit flys like bananas".

I-Tiki

Welcome I-Tiki!
Myself growing up right next door to Disneyland, has probably been the greatest part of my childhood.
Glad you could make it here.

Here is some memorabilia for the fellow TCers. (I'm sure I-Tiki
you’ve had enough of it)

Jungle Boat Cruise short audio:
http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/jungleboatcruize.mp3

Jungle Boat Cruise stupid joke list:
http://home.earthlink.net/~andyda/disney/fromng/jcjokes.html

Pages: 1 7 replies