Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Describe your ideal tiki bar?

Pages: 1 13 replies

V

I am new and I was wondering what people would do

Aloha New Guy,
Describe my ideal Tiki Bar? Let me tell you about the Hallowed halls of a bygone era, I will speak of golden watering holes and of forgotten glory. We will visit, in this post, taboo islands of forbidden delights and grottos we can only gaze thru the foggy mists of time. Yes, new guy, come with me and we will travel the troubled seas of our lost paradise.

Our first stop on this tragic voyage is the Smoky Mountains, once home to the Majestic Kon Tiki Paradise Room. New Guy, Behold the wonder of this Tiki Palace of yesterday

Yes, long gone, but, hardly forgotten.
The far atoll on the distant horizon we visit next is The city by the bay, the long lost home of the Foggy Grotto.

Yes, New Guy, Rumor has it Martin the Master will REBUILD. Will the grotto rise from the ashes as the Phoenex to once again serve Nectar of the Gods. We can only hope.
The harbor of Long beach is our next port of call. Home port to the Fantabulous East Indies room

Celebrated in art far and wide, will you not mourn the passing of this magnificent SouthSeas temple with me. Our next landfall will be the rough and tumble, brawling wharf town of Oakland, Where lies the shadowy past of the veritable Castle of the Exotic, THE MIGHTY UGH HOUSE

I would drink my troubles away in a icy Tiki Mug if there were any tropical drinks to be had. You see, new guy, we built up our own paradise to replace the Tiki bars that are now long forgotten. Now it seems that the sweat of our labor is bearing the bitter fruit of this rash of home bars closings. WILL THIS MADNESS NEVER END? We have walked on the shores of distant sand bars. We have tasted the nectar of forbidden fruits. We will not forget the Temples where we celebrated this thing called Tiki. We will always look back in fondness of our lost Sangri La. Join me new guy as I raise my Mai-Tai and weep for our lost Oasis our distant Xanadu.

The Lagoon Room is always open, bekoning, awaiting, Drinking
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2004-06-25 22:50 ]

On 2004-06-25 21:31, voleurs wrote:
Describe your ideal tiki bar?

A bottle of Plantation rum and a straw.

The harbor of Long beach is our next port of call. Home port to the Fantabulous East Indies room

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2004-06-25 22:50 ]

Ok I've been asleep at the wheel here, but the East Indies room is gone??? Did the door ever get done??? Oh cruel fates!

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

I vote AL KNEPPER for President.
And I vote that post to be in the top 3 of all time best post.
And new guy Welcome
To get a return post from Al=0.00 dollars
To meet Al= 0.00 dollars
To call Al Knepper your friend= PRICELESS

Jeeze Leweeze Al, that was beautiful. I went out to my garage and trashed my TIKI bar after looking at yer pictures...then I read the text and rebuilt it. Yer an inspiration to us all.
(w'sup wit da happy face room?)

Wow Al! That wuz one dizzying whirlwind tour of classic tiki bar hits. BTW, jus where did that shot of Floratina amongst all those smilely faces come from?

A

Thats Mr. Smileys Smiley face room. It was part of the Ugh house. It was featured on TV and in print, probably the largest and most famous smiley collection in the world.
Mahalo,
Al

Smiley faces piss me off.

H

Wow, amazing place. I can't even comprehend.How do you even begin to create this.....I am starting over again. I need guidence. Anyone????

M

Mahalo for the kind words Al. Helps keep me motivated in the face of all of these boxes. Back to work!

We can rebuild them....Better....Faster...Stronger... Someday.

the ideal tiki bar serves free food and drink 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is located less than one hundred yards from perfect & highly consistent reef breaks. everyone would be welcome and no one would have to go to work ever again1!

...or something very close to this...

Yes, Bax, one of the greatest posts ever. And apparently so intimidating it scared poor New Guy so much that he never showed his face around here again. Either he went to plan-B and got a bar from SoaB, or maybe he'll surprise everyone and re-emerge on his 1 year anniversary of joining TC with the debut of the greatest tiki bar ever. Hmmm....

Pages: 1 13 replies