Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Motiki's Soap Shack

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

Check out my Soap Shack I built to take to my first craft show on the 4th of July to sell my Tiki Soap.

It's a little old place where we can sell some soap. ( Hopefully )

I built it out of free crateing lumber that is discarded near where I work. It will slide into the back of my 84 Ford pick-up and can be loaded and unloaded by one person. I lay it on its side and use a four wheel hand truck to roll it around. I can't wait to see the look on the peoples faces in my rural town when the Soap Shack blows into town.

The Moai wearing the shower cap is my second attempt at carving.
I'll be at another local show on the 10th and 11th, I'll let you know how things go and if the Soap Shack stays together.

Tikiwahine, I used your Get Tiki Clean suggestion. See the sign below the counter, I hope you can read it

The drum beat was maddening,
A blood curdling scream,
"Tikiiiiiiiiii!"
I knew I was in the right place
http://www.tikisoap.com

[ Edited by: motiki on 2004-06-27 19:30 ]

O

great looking little shack there, it should help to sell those good looking soaps. keep up on the carvings, the more you do or the more time you bang those chisels the easier it gets.

again great looking soap shack, and i like the website, nice little tortch pointer, and back ground.

[ Edited by: Octane on 2004-06-27 21:09 ]

Fantastic job Motiki,

I LOVE your shack! It's so bright and colourful!
Customers won't be able to resist themselves, they'll just HAVE to head over to check it all out! Good luck to you!

I'm glad you could use the little catch phrase :)

I just started using the pineapple/coconut soap, it's fantastic! Really good quality, it doesn't melt away to nothing in the shower.

You should tell people to buy your Tiki soap in case they're shipwrecked in the South Pacific, so they can be sure to wash ashore...

I love it Mo, very cool. I bet it attracts alot of attention. Not sending it with the soap for the Hukilau then:-)?

excellent little shack.. ooh , and i bet it could double as a portable bar!

imagine the possibilities!

tiny bubbles to you!
elicia

Great job Motiki!

B

Probably started OUT as a portable Bar and the soap thought came later. Looks really Cool. That ought to sell some soap and no tellin what else.

M

Thanks everybody, Freddie I love the wash ashore idea. I'll probably go with: Shipwrecked in a sea of dud suds, wash ashore with Tiki Soap. The Shack is a work in progress and I still have the two sides to work on. And No McDougall I won't be shipping you the Soap Shack for Hukilau, but you know I wish I could. My dream is to live in Key West, put the Soap Shack on wheels and take it to the sundown celebration nightly. Cruise ships unloading tourists by the thousands......that's the life for me. Now back to reality: Thanks Tikiwahine I'm glad you are enjoying your soap and thanks again for the " tiki clean " idea. I would appreciate any help with slogans I can get, I have alot of room yet to fill on the Soap Shack. I will sign the contributors TC name on the bottom of the sign immortalizing you on the Soap Shack, an honor usually reserved for royalty!

Thanks again to everyone, Mo

great booth! I've got to set myself up in such style! great job......my soap is in a place of honor next to the sink in my fledgling tiki bar!

Motiki,
Ever since I started using your soap I've worried that it will eventually be gone. Will you be bringing any to the Hukilau? I'd really like to bring some more home with me. The pineapple/coconut is addictive.
Mahalo,

That's inspired! How could anyone walk past and not buy what's on offer?

Hope it all goes well but keep us posted.

Trader Woody

M

Sorry about the late reply but the the shows went great in my opion for my area. Did $84.00 at the local park show and $264.00 at the two day show. Besides that turned about 6 people onto Tiki Central who were interested in building Tiki Bars and Tiki Rooms. Got back about two weeks ago from a week at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and loved it. My wife wanted to go for our 25th anniversary and we had a blast. If anybody wants any info. about the trip just drop me a PM or see me at Hukilau I would be glad to share some tips if you are planning a trip to Disney and are thinking about staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

[ Edited by: motiki on 2004-08-15 13:53 ]

M

Tikiwahine,

Just read your post and let me know if you like a particular fragrance I will be sure to have it for you.

I just want to add that the wahine and I bought some of Mo's soap at Hukilau, and liked it so much tha we ordered 6 more bars. She prefers the Hawaiian Lei-, and I like the Lime-scented, but it's all good.

I guess its time to re order. our Hukilau soap is bout gone. i also get a lot of coments on the ball cap that I purchaed there as well.

Tell your son I like what he did your web site too.

Pages: 1 15 replies