Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Pages: 1 21 replies

M
T

Please somebody call the Tiki Police and have this person arrested!

This sort of thing gives kitsch a bad name.

That is a crack up! Speaking of crack, that is what it looks like the tiki was smokin'.

I might just bid on this so (for lack of any better reason) I can say I'm the first one on my block to have one.

On 2004-06-28 12:00, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I might just bid on this so (for lack of any better reason) I can say I'm the first one on my block to have one.

DON'T DO IT SWJ!
All it will do is insite hordes of Parrotheads to congregate in your front yard chanting "Jimmy is God" and singing Margaritaville 87 times in a row. Neither you nor your neighbors want that!

On 2004-06-28 12:00, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I might just bid on this

we would mock you mercilessly.

Bong,
You guys should all chip in and buy this for the upcoming Tiki Beach Burn shindig.

for target practice? :)

That's it, I am going to have nightmares now. Thanks Macktiki.

On 2004-06-28 12:56, Johnny Dollar wrote:
for target practice? :)

No, FUEL.

I just might start a Jimmy Buffet wing in this house and put in all the low end tiki crap like Disney Tiki Mugs, mass produced poorly executed carvings from the Philippines, Native American "tikis". Then serve Mr. & Mrs. T mai tai mix with the cheap rum they sell in plastic bottles and sponge cake for puu puus.

M

Naugatiki:

Be sure to check out Spencer's gifts too, they have lots of heinous things that would fit in quite well in a "Buffet" style Tiki room....

Matt

M

... Yes, and don't forget those adorable Parrot shaped mugs.

Plus, to really complete the look, buy one of the 1,000 "Parrothead Tiki Bar" wooden signs available on eBay. You know... the ones that use "mug" in the description in hopes that they'll catch us on a bad day.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-28 14:43 ]

I can't think of a better topic name:
"ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!"

Poifect!
Seriously, I'm dying here! I had to see what "arrgghh" was all about and it fits perfectly!
some of his other "gems":
http://www.tikisbyruss.com/Previous.htm

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2004-06-28 20:06 ]

T

We were warned. It's right here on thier site.
To My ParrotHead Friends

Many of my customers are avid Jimmy Buffett fans (myself included). I have been working on a new carving of a parrot sitting on the head of a tiki. I will post the photo here when it is complete.

M

"prthd6069" is currently the high bidder with $14.50. But hey, there's still two days left.
Before someone here bids on it, I recommend you change your eBay name to prthd6070. Actually, go ahead and change your TC name to that as well.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-29 12:38 ]

Actually, if I ran across this at a garage sale I'd buy it for 50 cents, take it home, cut the parrot off the top, repaint it and stick it over in the corner of my lanai as background clutter. Or am I being too harsh?

(cyclical quote:" "this is an ex-parrot!!!"

On 2004-06-29 12:19, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Actually, if I ran across this at a garage sale I'd buy it for 50 cents, take it home, cut the parrot off the top, repaint it and stick it over in the corner of my lanai as background clutter. Or am I being too harsh?

50 cents! You better ask for some change back.

Hey wait... I've got it.
Buy it for 50 cents. Cut off the parrot. Then sell JUST the parrot's head on ebay and make back your 50 cents.

for sale wooden parrot $1 why not make .50?

Pages: 1 21 replies