Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Archie McPhee

Pages: 1 10 replies

my favorite store Archie Mc Phee just added 6500 square feet of big-scale wackiness! Theres the promise of tikiness according to the article.

McPhee in the news
** The new space will carry dozens of rolls of fabric, vinyl and textured paper, all sold by the yard, to let the kitsch-it-yourself crowd have at it. Said owner Mark Pahlow, "I've always wanted to have more industrial supplies for people doing fun things in design, crafts, making their own tiki bars and lanais — that sort of thing." **

I’ll go check it out today, and see if the Kid-sized padded stools supported by monkeys have fezes (fezii ?). And if perchance there are giant plastic flamingoes.. I’ll bring the digital cam to report anything of tiki-value!

oh wow, a giant shrunken head.

hi ho, hi ho its off to shop i go!
elicia

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2004-06-28 11:23 ]

Excellent! I hope their catalog reflects their new items. Did they happen to mention anything about a Detroit location? Nah, thought not. I keep eyeing the mini-fez for my Schnauzer.

-Z

Ooh, trippy...a head that's giant and shrunken at the same time...is that kind of like Shrodinger's cat?

D

danngit, the article didnt say the annex would be opening next month. i peeked in as blue-haired employees scuttled thru the doors..and i saw giant palm trees. a good sign!
geez. well, all is not lost. they had 11" banana slugs on sale for 21 cents each. i bought a bunch, and will be sending them thru the mail as art.

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2004-06-28 17:05 ]

W

Nephew Auggie and I was at McPhee's a coupla weeks ago and it was sad/happy when I saw they were expanding but the new space was in the liquor store they'd once shared a parking lot with. Used to be the best stop on the ways to friends as you could grab bottles of Saratoga and Old Forester then go next door for a handful of plastic flies...Just in case.

oooh coolness

a mere 99.95 for Original Painting, framed, numbered and signed!

geez, as if i needed another reason to go shopping..

D

stopped in at my favorite store today, and found Tiki Bandages and 4 new tiki necklaces. i only bought 2 of them.. very cute for 4 bucks! they're not in the catalog yet..

M

Wowie zowie! Thanks for sharing dogbytes! I don't know how I ever lived without an Edgar Allen Poe action figure, but now I know where to get one!!! I have to get up to Seattle sometime soon...@;-)

Rae

M

Now, maybe it's my sick-o pervo little mind, but there's something is there something not quite right about Rosie "We Can Do It" Riveter sporting this gesture....?
http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11127.html

Rae

S

Oh my god!

Go, Go, Rosie......

Pages: 1 10 replies