Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

*More* NW Tiki Crawl photos

Pages: 1 9 replies

The event was super fun--thanks to all the people who planned it, entertained us, and so kindly opened up their homes.

I've only had time to resize and upload the pics from the Alibi. Here they are in the order I snapped them (and caption-free!):

[ Edited by: exoticat on 2004-07-03 20:20 ]

I too will need some more time to sort through all my photos but have a few to post in the meantime.

You will have to ask TikiMaxton what particular belly-wash elicits such bliss:

I got my Portland and Washington DC photos mixed up a bit -- this is either the TikiMaxtons' Tunnel of Voodoo or Dick Cheney's office.

The entry to Melintur's Monkey Hut features authentic looking tiki and wildlife biologists:

Exoticat and her plan-making sister, probably cooking up ways to use graphics skills to artificially place innocent tiki crawlers in compromising photos.

[ Edited by: monkeyskull on 2004-06-29 00:31 ]

[ Edited by: monkeyskull on 2004-06-29 00:32 ]

Hell 'cat! If I knew you were going to post it I would have shaved my arm and greased myself up!! I just wanted to say I have never had a nicer bunch of strangers( or is that strange) folks in my house - ever! I had a blast and met a lot of new people. Thanks so much for the gifts from all of you who presented them to the home bar hosts - most unexpected and much appreciated! That Sailor Jerrys Rum is alomost gone baby!!! Thanks also to the organizers (you know who you are!). Onto next year - bigger and better!!!!

That would be the Sailor Jerry's rum I was tasting. VERY nice stuff!

[ Edited by: TikiMaxton on 2004-06-29 13:53 ]

E

I have a new plan! I hope to have a few people over in July and need a Go-Go dancer for the cage in the Tiki Room. How about we shave you down, grease you up, and stick you in there as entertainment? In return you'll get free libations and food and (most likely) tips!!

I'll take photos of you throughout the night then afterwards we can select your best photo and upload it here!! We can maybe even load one in an 8 x 10" size because doesn't everyone love gigantic digital photos of themselves on the internet??? (I know that gigantic one of me with my sister up above sure is flattering!) Anyways, let me know if you are up for a night at Hutikihi.

p.s. In all honesty, my sister and I thought that was a great photo of you and I DON'T put bad photos of people on the internet as a rule....

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:35 ]

E

Awww...that's nice, TNT... :) however, I took down that pic (and the other two) to make space for the new ones. I doubt if Maori Man has a hula skirt anyways. Frankly I don't know how anyone could pass up an offer to be a dancer in a cage at a Tiki party, but that's just me.

M

Hey, don't you have to have proof you own a Hula Skirt to join Tiki Central? If not Tikimaxtons got some splainin' to do!!!! And as for the cage - Hell, I've got the grease if you got the time baby!! (that and I will have to check with the girlfriend....). Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I have been ill (brown bottle flu and excuse?).

E

Maori...have you danced in a cage lately? Can you dance for an hour or more straight? It's actually a good aerobic workout. Has your girlfriend ever danced in a cage? She could be your relief dancer!! (This idea just keeps getting better and better!) Plus she can do the greasing/shaving part (which she might already have experience with...) ha ha :wink:

Don't worry...I actually have someone else in mind for the cage. He's only 27 so should be able to shake it as long as we need. snerk.

I'm having some really bad computer problems so I have been off the forum since before the crawl. I'm sitting at a library computer loving all the photos sent in for this thread and the other NW tikicrawl posts. Thanks for all the kind words and great offerings. I'll post a few shots too when I get around to processing a backlog of film. Thanks again to Tikimaxton, Tikitronic, and Kim for all they did setting this up. You guys really put this crawl on the map.

Pages: 1 9 replies