Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help with new item

Pages: 1 33 replies

serious guess: some sort of bench legs? (add another and a seat?)

stupid suggestion: start your own mini-golf course with this as an obstacle???

how funny! the drunken hat brought home one of those two months ago. we couldnt really figure out what to do with it either. we stuck it in the pot of one of our potted palms. we buried the inbetween part with dirt.

mr. dollar~ they are a tad too small for bench supports, but not a bad guess at all!

:drink:

a bench for the little people? :)

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:43 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:44 ]

maybe it's a moai duel frozen in time? do I get a prize for dumbest suggestion? :D

B

It is a Real-life sculpture of Mr. and Mrs Moai argueing and refusing to talk to one another. In a few days they will fall over and kiss and make up.
Therewas actually an elongated planter thatsat atop the pair, rounded at both ends llikened to their top knots.
The Aliens took off with all the planters to use as bath tubs.

O

Wow, that is cool little what ever it is. it would be interesting to know what it orginal use is.

my best guess (which isn't that great) is you use it to roll your hose around

you could drill a couple of holes (with a masonary bit) in the back of the Moai insert a dowl and make it a paper towel holder.

T

T

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:45 ]

Which store? Which store? Which store? I want one, too! Whatever it is ....

Perhaps that's where you loop your garden hose when you're done watering?

D

looks like its missing something.. looks like it could be a holder for a boot brush. my other guess would be a hose guide (put it down near the corners of your flowerbeds, so you dont crush the flowers with your hose).

heck for 4 bucks.. you could split them and have bookends!

Dogbytes, you beat me to it, put a strip of metal between them and it'd make a cool boot scraper.

T

D

Is it just me,or do they look a lot like Richard Nixon?

Maybe you're supposed to buy a pair of them & use them to support either end of a coffee table? put a piece of felt on top of each head & top them with a piece of tempered glass.

Maybe its upside down and is just a small bench seat that happens to look like moai when the wrong way up

T

B

You can see the Flat heads were meant to hold a straight something between the two. I would look for a planter to fit inbetween the 2 guys and put a flowing like plant in it. Or just secure it to the ground and see how many ?'s you get

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-10 14:22 ]

8T

Well don't get too excited to run out to the Tuesday morning stores if you haven't already. I checked out the website for stores in my area and then called to see if they had one of these double idol things. The first store didn't answer but the second one did and told me that they are not open until AUGUST 3rd!!!!!!!!! Is that jacked up or what? They should change the name to "Not open when you want us to be"

UB

Paint it some cool lookin colors, than that would make a cool Exotica record holder.

W

well, i kno that it was found in the garden section, but why not find a nice piece of glass to place on the top and turn it into a coffee table?

T

I picked one up about two months ago at the Tuesday Morning in Redlands. The "original department store price" reads $84.00.

F

I recognize this! It's based on an ancient Rapa Nui ring-toss game!

E

Flat top is suspicious. I was going to suggest that the glass top is missing, but others already said something to that effect.

Would a box of Coronas fit in that space? Maybe the moais are protectors of beer.

D

Check out page pg 53 of Shag Party. Kind of reminds me of it-just needs the top part. Plus it's depicted low in the painting too.

I'm still not clear on what store this is from. "SS"?

K
Kono posted on Sun, Jul 18, 2004 4:32 PM

On 2004-07-18 16:25, tikijackalope wrote:
I'm still not clear on what store this is from. "SS"?

Tuesday Morning. Yeah, it's a weird name for a store. I went to our local TM but they didn't have anything tiki. They did have quite a bit of retro stuff in the kitchen accesories area.

K
Kenike posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2004 3:55 PM

I bought this at Tuesday Morining today. It was in the garden section and is made of concrete. It looks like bookends, but why concrete and in the garden section.

My local Tuesday Morning was closed for about a month and when it reopened I found the same concrete moai. I tried to separate it into two pieces but there are two metal rods inside the concrete that make it next to impossible. I tried to chisel the moai and the base away from the middle section and both moai broke off but remained intact. I planted them in the garden (which was where I was going to put them anyway) and below is the result. Not bad for a $6.00 investment.

T
TNTiki posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2004 6:04 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:03 ]

Z

Tiki doghouse guardians for the rare Rapa Nui Terrier!

O
Octane posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 6:41 PM

i went to a tuesday morning, and the ones they had, came with this little pot thing that set between the two guys. so it looks like it is suppose to come with a little pot/kettle thing in between them.

T
TNTiki posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 7:09 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:08 ]

Pages: 1 33 replies