Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bong's Tiki Hut Mod's

Pages: 1 18 replies

Madame Bong and I recently gave the front of the Tiki Hut a face lift. We wanted a more tropical/polynesian look. This included a lot of flag stone work (horizontal and vertical) as well planters.

It helps have 'California Seashells' owner living next door!

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2004 9:44 AM

Wonderful job! Love all the beatuiful plants.
Time for a party??!!
:drink:

Bong love what you have done with the place, have any before pictures? I like the nice open inviting feel to it.

mr. bong~ where did you ever find those address numbers? we have been looking for something just like that for our house. (well that and a mock-islander mail box, but those just dont seem to appear at lowe's)

lovely job--love all of the plants! :)

Very cool Bong! Love the flagstone.
...And YES, were did you get those house numbers?

For the address numbers, Madame Bong found the company and chose the design.

It took about 5 weeks, they're aluminum and the stand out from the surface about .5"

Here's the site link for the company that made our house numbers.

http://www.stainlesssteelmailbox.com/custom_address_numbers_intro.htm

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-06-29 11:20 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 12:01 ]

On 2004-06-29 11:13, TNTiki wrote:
Bong,

I too am interested in the numbers. Very cool place. The landscaping and flagstone are great. Also, did you steal, I mean appropriate, the HB city limits sign?

The sign was made by a cratchety old dude in Oregon; he specializes in recreating 'old' signs, complete with a few bullet holes in 'em.

Excellent!! Now I know which house to toilet paper on International Tiki Day.

Seriously, the end result of your front yard makeover turned out real nice. The Musa, Coleus, and other tropical plants add a real stylish touch.

I be over for dinner on Friday.

Very nice work guys!!! I've been working on my landscaping this year, but your place takes the cake!!!

Matt

D

very nice Bong!

you need to score one of those giant clamshells from your neighbor..that would be mega cool.

tropical plant envy..
elicia

Thanks for the kind comments. Actually, I can't take any credit. Debbie aka Madame Bong handles all capital improvements on our house - the kitchen, bathrooms and front yard. (But I handle the Tiki Bar!)

H

I don't remember now what the front of your house looked like, but it sure looks beautiful now. Madame Bong did a fabulous job, as usual (although I'm sure you did lend her quite a bit of assistance). The plants look nice now, but I know that once they've had a couple years to establish it'll be a real knockout.

B

Give Debbie lots of credit. The front of your home looks very Inviting. I sat there on the front porch wavin at the neighbors and had a nice time.Really Cool. Love the Whale weather-vane on top of the garage

truly a beautiful job guys! congrats!

Lacking some smart alec dumb thing to say, I'll just try it this way:

It looks so good that it couldn't have been done any better.

Tiki Home and Garden - I particularly love the coconut tree out front and the landscaping.

One's home should be one's tiki hut.

T

Could you please put a little more Armour All in the driveway to even out the overspray.

T

On 2004-07-04 09:20, thebaxdog wrote:
Could you please put a little more Armour All in the driveway to even out the overspray.

You know, I thought no (sane) person would pick up on the Armour All overspray. But no, my long-lost DNA sample of a brother, picks up on the minutia of Bong's miscalculation of the SOuth-Western wind that day.

Damn you Baxdog! I light a fire on both your pressure gauges!

Pages: 1 18 replies