Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Finally, My Tiki Tattoo!!

Pages: 1 37 replies

Here is my new Tattoo. Art was designed by Founder. Thanks all for your help.

Thanks again Flounder, you're the greatest!!

F

Way cool!

Great tattoo.
Looks like he went through a lot of pain while it was being applied.

SWEEEEEEEEET! No what does it say? Dude... SWEEEEEEEEET!

geez wow it looked like flounder painted directly on your arm!

project 2: a tretchikoff green lady on your back! :)

On 2004-06-29 11:14, Unga Bunga wrote:
Great tattoo.
Looks like he went through a lot of pain while it was being applied.

That's why 151 rum was invented!

V

So you'll have Flouder forever in your skin...

I love it.

B

Flounder Strikes Again

No Finkdaddy your the greatest. Looks sweet.

wow nice original ink. congratulations .

T

Great tattoo finkdaddy! (But it looks like finkbaby decided to catch a few Zs during your photo shoot!)

PI

Looks great!

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm very happy with it.

I'm worried though about infection. I just got the tattoo on Sunday, and I know I should not expect such a big piece to heal quickly, but it looks really strange. It is forming a scab, which I know is normal, but there also seems to be some liquid forming as well. When I blot off the liquid with a towel, it comes off very dark in color. So I don't know if it's the color of the liquid, or if it's the color of the ink. There is no pain or tenderness normally, but I move a lot at work, so after a while there it feels sore.

Any tattoo people have any suggestions?

T

Fink do not worry too much, if you get really worried go back and see the guy that did it, and if he does not make you worry free go have it looked at in the walk in clinic.

personally i've used acraflex, which is a burns cream' for about 3 or 4 days after the tatto to prevent any infection. and then use a non perfumed mosturizer for about 2 weeks after.

if it's not ok in a couple of days, pop back to the tattooist

the liquid is probably lymph, which is normal with a big tattoo, i once had a inch and half black band tattooed around my arm and that wept for days.
Try not to move it too much, if you think about it basically you've just had someone shave a couple of layers of skin off you with a bunch of needles, its a big wound, keep it clean and uncovered and the scab will soon form, then DON'T PICK AT IT!!

Thanks Atomic,

I feel better. All I needed was for someone to say, "don't worry that's normal."

B

VERY NICE! Who is the tatttoo artist?

On 2004-06-30 11:05, BARNETT wrote:
VERY NICE! Who is the tatttoo artist?

TC's own flounder provided the art(thanks again Flounder!), and the tattoo itself was done by an artist named Buki here in Milwaukee at a studio called Sacred Skin.

B

Nice work by Flounder AND Buki!

Very nice work. I have allot of black work on my chest and can tell you taht areas with that much solid will seem to get very swollen up. The natural process is for the tattoo to get swollen, then the swelling startes to go down and form kind of a big hard layer on top (almost a scab), then this will peel and you will get your tattoo. One thing, put skin lotion on your tattoo at least 4 times a day. Different people will suggest different lotion. Some peopel swear by noxzema, other say that is the last thing you should do. I just use Curel. Very imoprtant, stop touching your tattoo while it' is swollen, to avoid infection. And do not peel the scab like layer off the top. Let it come off by itself. If you peel at it you will cause blotches in the color.

F

On 2004-06-30 18:54, TNTiki wrote:
finkdaddy,

are you in Milwaukee??? Me and the wifey are going to be in Milwaukee to pick up our pup July 18th. I was going to get together with Tiki-Toa for a beverage or 12 that night. Want to come?

I would love to, but the wife and I are going to Las Vegas that week for our 3rd anniversary. But I don't think we're leaving until later in the week, so I will check and get back to you. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Why is your pup staying in Brew City? At least we are finally getting some nice weather here. Where are you and Tiki-Toa planning on meeting up?

F

On 2004-06-30 15:08, suicide_sam wrote:
Very nice work. I have allot of black work on my chest and can tell you taht areas with that much solid will seem to get very swollen up. The natural process is for the tattoo to get swollen, then the swelling startes to go down and form kind of a big hard layer on top (almost a scab), then this will peel and you will get your tattoo. One thing, put skin lotion on your tattoo at least 4 times a day. Different people will suggest different lotion. Some peopel swear by noxzema, other say that is the last thing you should do. I just use Curel. Very imoprtant, stop touching your tattoo while it' is swollen, to avoid infection. And do not peel the scab like layer off the top. Let it come off by itself. If you peel at it you will cause blotches in the color.

Thanks for the advice SS. It does have that layer on top. My job is very physical, and sometimes later in my shift the hard layer cracks and gets liquidy. But the liquid hardens pretty quickly, so I assume it's just new scab tissue forming. It's good to hear that it's supposed to happen! I would hate to have an ugly lump of scat tissue on my arm for the rest of my life instead of the super cool bad ass tattoo that I hope I still have now.

On 2004-06-30 05:11, tikigreg wrote:
Great tattoo finkdaddy! (But it looks like finkbaby decided to catch a few Zs during your photo shoot!)

Oh I see now! It took me about 4 days to figure out what the heck you were talking about. It wasn't until just now that I realized that you can see my 14 month old son eating lunch in the background! He doesn't like getting his hands dirty, so I guess he eats right off his plate sometimes.

T

Hey Finkbaby Q is my lil buddy! Lil man is the lil dude alright, FD think you should bring him to the Pa'ina, have him walk around selling raffle tickets. :)

On 2004-07-01 11:10, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Hey Finkbaby Q is my lil buddy! Lil man is the lil dude alright, FD think you should bring him to the Pa'ina, have him walk around selling raffle tickets. :)

I know! I can't believe how quickly Quinn took to you. You must give off a good vibe. You're not kidding about his sales ability. He would sell a ton!!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:35 ]

T

Fink can you give me the name of the shop and the artist and a phone number I want to talk to the guy about maybe doing a tatt for me, mahalo.

On 2004-07-11 17:02, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Fink can you give me the name of the shop and the artist and a phone number I want to talk to the guy about maybe doing a tatt for me, mahalo.

Sure thing,

The studio was Sacred Skin.
The tattoo artist was Buki.
The phone # is (414) 259-9930.

I'm going back in soon to get a small touch-up. I'll mention it to him if you'd like.

T

Mahalo Braddah, if you want please mention it to him, I plan on calling him today and trying to send pictures so he can work something up.

I am calling today to set up my appointment. I will mention it to him.

When you call, could you mention that I refered you? I'm hoping he will do my touch up for free, and maybe a discount on the next if I bring him alot of cool buisness.

Good luck with the tatt!

T

Touch ups should always be done for free, it makes the artist look good and gives the impression that he cares that his work looks good. But not all do this sadly. Do you know what time they get in?

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-12 08:49 ]

I think he will do the touch-up for free. He's a cool guy with a lot of pride in his work. I think it shows.

I'm not sure what time they open, but I'm sure they're probably there by 10am or so. 1pm on Sundays.

Well I left a message with my number no word yet, hope I hear something.

There (apparently) is an old Marquesean saying which is (something like):

"Women grow up and have children and men grow up and have tattoos,"

according to this article on Tiki: http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/01.04.96/tiki-9601.html

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2004-07-20 20:06 ]

On 2004-07-20 20:04, christiki295 wrote:
"Women grow up and have children and men grow up and have tattoos,"

Some women have tattoos instead of children. 8)

Some women have tattoos instead of children.

Cynful gets my vote for "Woman of the Year."

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2004-07-21 11:16 ]

On 2004-07-21 11:15, Raffertiki wrote:

Cynful gets my vote for "Woman of the Year."

wow, I'm speechless.....thanks!

Pages: 1 37 replies