Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hale Tiki Hal'e Tiki Hale' Tiki CocoJoes Coco Joe's Coco Joes

Pages: 1 8 replies

Pardon the intrusion; I'm trying to help the search engine here. Now this post will be found by people researching these two topics and they'll know to search using the other spellings. All spellings yield some unique results. And now for message body only searches: Hale Tiki, Hal'e Tiki, Hale' Tiki, CocoJoes, Coco Joe's, Coco Joes. Sorry that this looks like an ebay title; now, back to your regularly scheduled surfing or email.

M

ok...are you going to ADD some information so that someone will be HAPPY to find this thread? As of now, it can be easily accessed, but one will be accessing...NOTHING (so to speak).

On 2004-06-30 13:04, mrsmiley wrote:
As of now, it can be easily accessed, but one will be accessing...NOTHING (so to speak).

Here, this will help the message body.
Nothing, not anything, zero, nada, zilch .

Jeeze! The purpose of my post was to inform people searching for info on "Hale Tiki", for example, that in order to see everything that been posted here on that bar, they will have to search using "Hal'e Tiki" and "Hale' Tiki" also. Try it; you'll see some entirely different posts depending on the spelling you use. Its the same deal with "Coco Joes" and its variations. I ran across this problem while searching for a phone number for Hale' Tiki and have also noticed it when trying to identify Coco Joes. We often criticize people for not searching before asking a question but since the search engine works by locating precise spellings, I am just trying to help by inserting a post that will come up under any common variant spelling and alert them to the others.

S

Have you ever tried to access info on TC pointed to by Google? It does nto usually work. The link it gives does not point to the appropriate message. So it's sort of a waste. It may increase hits to TC, but not anything worth anything, except eating our precious bandwidth.

M

On 2004-06-30 13:35, tikijackalope wrote:
Jeeze! The purpose of my post was to inform people searching for info on "Hale Tiki", for example, that in order to see everything that been posted here on that bar, they will have to search using "Hal'e Tiki" and "Hale' Tiki" also. Try it; you'll see some entirely different posts depending on the spelling you use. Its the same deal with "Coco Joes" and its variations. I ran across this problem while searching for a phone number for Hale' Tiki and have also noticed it when trying to identify Coco Joes. We often criticize people for not searching before asking a question but since the search engine works by locating precise spellings, I am just trying to help by inserting a post that will come up under any common variant spelling and alert them to the others.

Ok, NOW I understand. It seemed like you were trying to get people to read YOUR post-but yet there wasn't really a post there to read. You were trying to school us. Thanks. :)

T

I dunno, makes sense to me. Probably would have been better to put it in a Hale Tiki or Coco Joes thread (thereby bringing people directly to that thread), but it's a good idea nonetheless.

Why is everyone getting their knickers in a knot? The fella was only trying to help.

On 2004-06-30 20:27, tikifish wrote:
Why is everyone getting their knickers in a knot? The fella was only trying to help.

Myself, I was just havin fun.
Tikijackalope is cool in my book.

8T

ALoha all. I can tell you this. I have only met one other TC member in person and it is the tikijackalope. This much I can tell you from our conversations: When this man wants to know about something he really investigates the details and is very thorough in his knowledge. A real wealth of information on so many topics. And so friendly and willing to share his knowledge.
A friend to all TC'ers for sure!
Just thought I would drop in with my comments. (he didn't pay me to say this)

Pages: 1 8 replies