Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What is the ULTIMATE tiki mug?

Pages: 1 10 replies

F
foamy posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2004 7:43 AM

I'm just curious. What do you folks think is the representative/ultimate/must have to complete the collection tiki mug? If you could only have one mug, what would it be?

T

http://www.munktiki.com/munkehousepage.htm

I am truly coming to love Munktiki and Stuckie's stuff, and the munk-e's, well.........what can you say about owning a one of a kind. Stuck, cannot wait to see mine.

That's easy - Shecky.

On 2004-06-30 07:43, foamy wrote:
representative...
must have to complete the collection

I hate to say this, and I know everyone will start bitchin', but I think "most representative" would mean most well known/most highly visable. Sadly, the lowest common denominator = The Leilani.

No collection is complete without one (or 7)

-Z

That's funny because my husband and I were just talking about tiki lelani the other night and I said that it was mandatory for any tiki collection, to which he replied, "But do you need 4?"

B

I don't know for sure but I think the best one is the one with Booze in it. Those empty ones are just plain worthless.

i don't think there's anything inherently bad about the leilani design ~ it's probably more that because it's so common people think about leilanis like they think about their first car or boy/girlfriend ~ a combination of embarrassment and nostalgia :)

Ok, here is where I truly show my true colors. The only mug I own right now is a little Jee Jee Tiki mug that came in one of those drink sets you buy from Marshalls or Spencers.

Could you show me a Shecky and a Leilanis?

Here they are ...

Shecky

Tiki Leilani

I grabbed these pics from tikiroom.net. There are tons of pictures of mugs there.

-vw

On 2004-06-30 11:58, vwtikigirl wrote:
Here they are ...

Shecky

Tiki Leilani

I grabbed these pics from tikiroom.net. There are tons of pictures of mugs there.

-vw

Very cool, thanks. I guess I've have seen those a lot, but didn't know the names. I must get me some to stock the new bar. Check out my new bar thread in the creating forum.

thanks vw!

finkdaddy - I saw the pics. Your bar looks great! You definitely need at least a small collection of mugs to go along with it.

-vw

Pages: 1 10 replies