Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Skateboard Parks and Liberace

Pages: 1 9 replies

I had some strong dreams last night. They didn't make any more sense than usual but it was very vivid.

In my dream my brother and I were visiting skateboard parks that had long been extinct. They were in pristine condition too and no crowds. Perfectly smooth concrete bowls, halfpipes, peanut bowls. The coping was smooth and unchipped. For some strange reason, we did not have our skateboards.

As I we are leaving I meet Liberace and got his autograph. (Why was he hanging out at the skatepark?) He gave me a boxed set of records (not Cd's) that had 20 albums in it. The album jacket was pink. He also gave me his sunglasses but upon further inspection, I realized that they were Roy Orbison's sunglasses. Ol' Liberace and I talked about his music and I told him that my favorite song was "chopsticks". He agreed that it too was his favorite song.

????????

M

I have a pretty good idea why Liberace was hanging around skateboard parks. By chance do you remember seeing Michael Jackson there as well.

Funny you should mention Liberace. Just got an "autobiography" of his from the lib. called "The Wonderful Private World of Liberace" (1986).

I have never seen so many French poodles and so many men with shirts unbuttoned to the waist. But the best chapter is "I Lost My Virginity at 16," wherein he recounts how a woman "twice my age" seduced him and they had sex often and ... and ...

"The thrill of making it with an older woman diminished as I grew older. Younger girls started to represent more of a challenge, probably because of their comparative innocence."

This is accompanied by a family photo of a young Liberace lying on the grass, smiling, saucy sailor hat at a jaunty angle.

Monkeyman,

Now, tell me about your childhood...

welcome to Therapy Central...

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-06-30 12:03 ]

My childhood was fairly normal. I grew up in the circus, I had a wet nurse named Helga. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap sack and beaten. Nothing unusual.

J$. Nice Pic. That photo is from the era when inverts were called handplants. Notice the lack of plastic caps on his kneepads. If he ever hit the ground, they wouldn't do much good.

Funny, that bit about not having your board with you. I'm always having surfing dreams like that, I get to the beach, the waves are perfect and I have no board! other times I have a board but its a skateboard, whats that all about.
I've never had a surfing dream where I've got to actually surf!

Elvis, Liberace & Belushi

Elvis, Liberace and John Belushi are sitting around in Heaven bored out of their heavenly lives. They go to Gabriel and ask if there's any way they can get out. Apprehensively, he agrees to let them return to Earth for a short while, telling them that if they even think of committing a sin, they'll go straight to Hell.

So, zap, they're back on Hollywood Boulevard. As they're walking, Elvis sees a bar. He heads towards the door and the moment he touches it, poof!, he's gone. The other two realize that Gabriel was serious.

A little while later, John Belushi sees a little packet of white powder lying in the gutter. He thinks for a moment, bends over to pick it up and poof! Liberace disappears.

Excellent, Unga! Excellent!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 14:58 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies