Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Luau/BBQ at my place Saturday July 10th

Pages: 1 11 replies

Well it's been a long time coming. In mid july I will hit the road for 3 weeks on tour with Devil Doll going up to Northern Cali, cutting across the rockies all the way out to Chicago, Detroit and Clevlenad before we take a sharp turn and come back through the South West. One week before I hit the road I have decided it's finally time to have my long time promised Luau/BBQ to have my Tiki Central peeps over to the pad.

This here is an invite to all my friends and foes alike to come, get sloppy drunk, and spill everything everywhere. I'm pretty sure I'll be regretting that last part. This will be a little weird for me because it will have three different groups of friends. My Tiki peeps, the people I grew up with and have known for ever, and my greaser friends. One thing all three groups have in common is they are all raging alcoholics so I'm sure everyone will get along.

I will be stocking up on booze and meat so please let me know if you intend on coming so I can get an idea on how many mouths there will be to feed and livers there will be to destroy. If one liver is left intact by the end of teh night I will have failed.

If it turns out to be a sunny day, don't worry, my neighborhood is pretty shady!!! Just turn left at the corner of Ghetto and Gang!!!

Fred's Place
1088 Gaviota Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90813
310-713-1571 (cell phone)

Sounds great! Should I bring anything? Is this going to be a middle-of-the-day thing, so we can all caravan over to Bahooka that night for the event there?

Yeah middle of the day. I figure most people will have stuff to do at night so who ever wants to split can come get fed and liquored up before they go out. Whoever wants to chill can also hang out later.

No need to bring anything but your hunger and thirst.

TB

Sounds good, i think i'll even cancel the bahooka dinner reservation. I'll see if Utopiandreem can make a side dish to bring.

tbird.

Yo Fred, count me in. So what color will I need to wear to keep from getting shot at?

wear the loudest Hawaiian shirt you have, anyone will be so disoriented trying to decifer the colors that they will become entranced and stupified. It will have a sort of hypnotic effect.

SeekingTiki and I will be there. We'll have to leave by 4 or so, but we'd love to come out and meet everyone.

-vw

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:38 ]

I hadn't realized it when I started planning everything. I set it for that Saturday cause the weekend before lots of TCers who are also greasers will be at Hootenanny, and the next weekend I'll be on tour with this band already. But I figured people might have stuff going on at night so I figured on doing an afternoon thing so people can come by, get some BBQ and booze, and then go do whatever they planned on doing at night. Rosemead si a pretty far drive from Long Beach though, but you know there won't be any hurt feelings or anything. Anyone who can make it is more tahn welcome and you will have booze and grub waiting for ya. If I didn't have this going I would probably be at The Von Franco show myself so anyone taht can't amke it don't even sweat it.

H

Hey, Sam, I hate to do this, but I know you'll understand -- I have an opportunity to have an impromptu TIKI ROAD TRIP! I won't be back in town until just before the Bahooka thing. I'll order you a drink with extra cherries next time I see you to make up for it. :wink:

Our plans changed a bit too and we won't be able to make it to the bbq. Sorry, but have a great time!

P

Wish I could make it but just won't have the time. I just hope I can get to Bahooka by 7:30.

Pages: 1 11 replies