Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

new Crazy AL crap

Pages: 1 10 replies

CA

Humu put up some great pics of one of my tikis... check them out
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=9556&forum=4&start=15

This fire'y guy with Humuhumu is CrazyAL Tiki#11 "Tiki Lantern". It was carved for one of the first tiki shows back in 1998. Also this was the first tiki I put Tapa design in the mouth area. Thank God it didn't sell. I've enjoyed the heck out of this guy.

If any are interested: this tiki has been beautifully illustrated by TC's own Sam Gambino

and is now available as a 'mouse pad' for $9. So far i've only made 50 of these.

add $2 shipping... send check to
Crazy Al's Bone Productions
P.O. Box 553
Sunset Beach, CA 90742

Paypal a total of $11.50 to [email protected]

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-01 03:05 ]

Nice! I love the flame effect.

I'm looking forward to the T-shirt.

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2004-07-01 06:33 ]

Wow that really is crap! LOL

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-07-05 16:46 ]

S

goin to paypal today!
wheeeeee
do you give a multi order shipping discount?
hehehehehe
I think I need 3 of em...
Pea

T

Al I will take a 3xl when you get the T's made.

B

I think I may need the mouse pad. I'll let you know later.

Thanks, Al. Of course, #11 is EXCELLENT subject matter! A Crazy Al Tiki all lit up with real fire in his mouth...how BAAAD is that? :)

http://www.samgambino.com

Very cool. I need a new mousepad to. Al, I tried to e-mail you but I couldn't connect. At first I blamed it on the full moon or the fact that Tiki Central Forums has been down for the last three days...but now I'm convinced it's a firewall put into place by the international ILLUMINANTI!!

CA

t-shirts where the goal hear till I found out what is cost to make a small run of 'quality' bitchen shirts.... what is the most you would pay for a real cool t'shirt???

I'm not in the position to order like a 1000 of each design... anyone have a connection with Urban Outfitters or HotTopic or ha'ha' Nordstrom's??? they had some great 'tiki board shorts years ago... perhaps Macy's...

I think Urban outfitters has moved on from Tike... should I put my designs, or the work of Sam and others in Spencer's??? I met the buyers at Toy fair in NY last Jan.

Spencers???

I say why not. All these companies are making money off of tiki so why sholdn't people who really love tiki and live tiki and create tiki for a living or out of passion make some money off of it as well.

That's my two cents.

T

Al, you should make money from your designs, not that you have to try and cash in but when you see tiki in places like Abercrombie and American Eagle you know Tiki is gaining a presence, and their tikis suck, yours and a number of other artists would really be a fresh look out there.

And I would have no problem paying $15-20 for a T-shirt of that design.

Pages: 1 10 replies