Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My Florida Tiki bar

Pages: 1 21 replies

T

Ok I started this because my wife wanted a luau. Now I am ready to turn our pool into a tiki paridase. We are known for our Halloween parties, I build specail effects and design haunted houses. Now we are ready to rock! Hear are some pictures of my bar ( all used lumber and steel)

Hope this embedding works!
Jim.... More to come

"Those above are going down, those below are going up"
"Paddle together, bail, paddle; paddle, bail; paddle towards the land"
"Life is like this: sometimes sun, sometimes rain."

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:46 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:47 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:49 ]

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:50 ]

T

Ok thats from th pool edge
a little closer

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:51 ]

T

This is the bar top. It was a piece of old ship I started to cover with varnish and pics...

T

More bar top. add pics from first party to it

T

Tiki god.. First one I got. more bar top

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-03 21:56 ]

T

Tiki bar how it looks at night

T

Ok quick pictures of the first party...

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d922b3127cceb1230a4f490e0000001610[img]

MORE TO COME!

Looks like a fun place. Where you at in Florida?
Oh and by the way when you start getting shit for the Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville signs (and you will) don't listen to them. Jimmy Buffet is hated on Tiki Central. Just put Jimmy Buffet in the TC search engine to see what I'm talking about.

T

It was built using 2x6, 2x12, 1x6 and tin... Now I need to find some bamboo.. I also am looking for some palm. I am going to carve a tiki.

T

I am located in Tampa. Thanks for the info. I put some Buffet stuff up there for 3 reasons.

1. It is in Tampa.
  2. I want a nice mix off stuff. It is also what was around the pool.
  3. He is a friend.
    So it is what it is. People are always like that.You either love him or hate him.
    Thanks for the comments... Now I am out to build a waterfall.... Any thoughts?
D

Thanatos-the stainless steel and thatching is cool-kind of the Starship Enterprise goes to Hawaii-tikifusion!

T

Yeah, I like to find stuff. The stools are really retro. My wife wants me to paint the diffrent colors, but I like the steel.

T

Here is a picture of the draft system. We have 1 beer and on this night we had Mai Tais on draft. Mai Tais or what ever we mix up in a 5 gal batch and have it run from the keg o rator... That was a fun project to build....

T

Here are a couple of more pics of the guest. The guys are smoking cigars...

Some pics of the ladies after the fireworks..

[ Edited by: Thanatos on 2004-07-04 10:35 ]

D

wow, im almost too jealous to keep looking! great bar.. looks terrific in the night pix.

ah to be somewhere warm, with a pool...tiki stuff...

you got it made!

T

Here are a couple more pics of the bar

T

Ok last pics for awhile.. more party pics..

And as we got drunker.....

J
Jay_G posted on Mon, Jul 5, 2004 12:56 AM

I was looking at a house in Tampa (online) with a pool, just like yours. The reason I wanted the house was so I could built a TIKI bar in the pool area. Yours in Awesome, just like I imagined mine would be.

I spent all Freeking day trying to get leaves out of our pool today. :(
Fist day that it was warn enough to go in the pool when I was home, and it's under a willow tree! I hate New England.

Like the song from He who will remain nameless says "I want to go where it's warm!"

_ Jay

T

Oh the covered pool is the way to go. Mine keeps it all out. And I am lazy!
Thanks. Now I need to find some palm...

T

SOmeone wanted to know where I got the lettering for "tiki bar" on the front of my bar. I cut them out then varnished them on... I am cheap.

T

Dude another reason to move down to Florida!So when is the next party? Nice bar though man, keep it going, I like the bar top with all of the images.

On 2004-07-15 07:17, Thanatos wrote:
SOmeone wanted to know where I got the lettering for "tiki bar" on the front of my bar. I cut them out then varnished them on... I am cheap.

Around here making your own isn't cheap, it's resourceful. When you're talking about Tiki, there can be a broad gap between what you want & what's out there.

Pages: 1 21 replies