Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Home address numbers painted on the curb

Pages: 1 8 replies

A

I answer the doorbell the other day and there was this curbside address painter, selling his services. I tell him I paint the numbers myself and prepare to slam the door in his face. Right before the door slams he says "I can do it Tiki!!!" Really. I find out he can't really do a Tiki but he can do Tropical. Now my gutter looks like a slice of Island paradise.

Mahalo,
Al

Nice touch!

Auspicious numbers, too!

UB

Well, I hope you don't slam the door in my face, because I'm commin down to change the count! :)

T

Too funny Unga, too funny.

I

What is the purpose of these curb-side numbers? Something to help the emergency vehicles find your home? Or a handy close-up aid to tell yourself that you are home when you wake up in the morning after having a few too many and falling asleep in the gutter?

Vern

S

That is cool!
I wish I had a curb!!!
Actually, I think that is very handy, because I notice alot of folks do not seem to have addresses on their homes,or they are hard to see. I'm a spaz when trying to find a new place, so that is helpful!
Pea

On 2004-07-04 21:08, ikitnrev wrote:
What is the purpose of these curb-side numbers? Something to help the emergency vehicles find your home? Or a handy close-up aid to tell yourself that you are home when you wake up in the morning after having a few too many and falling asleep in the gutter?

Vern

It's for pizza delivery...you don't want them getting lost when they're bringing your dinner! :)

TB

Very nice, where i live in Cerritos, Ca. the city doesnt allow anything other than standard numbers & no pics.

T

Someone long ago told me the numbers are so the fire dept. can find your house in case it's on fire and the numbers on the wall are obscured by flames and smoke...tee-hee.

Pages: 1 8 replies