Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Recording Martin Denny records

Pages: 1 3 replies

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Jul 4, 2004 1:53 PM

In my head I have always figured all the Denny stuff, Exotica, Primitiva, etc. was ut there on CD and so I have not paid much attention to it. I was thinking about maybe recording these records. Am I right? Is it pretty much all availabe on CD?

Haven't seen "Martin Denny In Person" on CD yet.

V

Most of the most popular LP's have been reissued on CD (usually 2 albums per disc, which is a bonus), but not all of his stuff. Most notably Exotic Moog, Latin Village, and A Taste of India have not been re-released (as far as I know).

T

Scamp Records released a series of four CDs in the late 1990s, each containing two complete Denny LPs.

These four discs will give you most of the Denny material you'll ever truly need.

There are also about 10 different Denny 'best of' CDs (or so it seems)... but if you have the 4 Scamp discs, you'll have virtually all of the tracks found on any of the compilations.

There is also a disc called Baked Alaska that contains the only known live recording of Denny, from Armed Forces Radio in Alaska!

I found a used one for $6 recently.
Interesting, but not essential.

My advice: But the four Scamp discs, and then make your own CDs of any other LPs you may have left in your collection.

Pages: 1 3 replies