Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Makahiki Luau at Sea World Orlando

Pages: 1 6 replies

PI

Has anyone been to this? I want to go, but don't know if it's worth the $45. Thanks!

N

P:

We did it about a month ago...it's JUST OK. The show is decent, costumes are OK, food is OK, drinks are overpriced and really pretty poor.

It's inside (which seems wrong to me). Overall, if you ever went to the old WDW Polynesian Luau, the SW one is not as good. If you didn't like it, you probably won't be impressed with the SW show.

YMMV.

Scott

J
Jay_G posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 11:06 PM

I wanted to go to this show, but two of the people I am going to Orlando with are alergic to Papaya and don't dare to eat at a Luau.

Most of the things I read said that this was better then the one at the Polynesian Resort (Disney) because it was cheeper and inside. Depends when it rains or is cold, it's better inside on a nice night outside is much better.

I want to eat at Ohana (in Disney Also).

_ Jay

KK

OK, I've resisted the urge to piss on this until now.
It's overpriced, the decor is COMPLETELY wrong, the drinks are swill and the food is industrial (and such SMALL portions! as the joke goes...) I feel bad for the excellent performers who really put everything into the show- which is the only reason to go.
Too bad there's not a "show only" price.

N

I haven't been to the new WDW Luau, but it used to be decent. The costumes were more authentic (real Ti Leaf Skirts!), OK drinks (as many as you wanted) and OK food. Plus, to me, it felt more authentic being in a covered, yet outdoor area, where you could see beach, water, and Tiki Torches.

At SW, it's a Theater, plain and simple. No Poly theming or anything.

MHO.

Scott

N

Jay:

Haven't been to 'Ohana since about 95 or so, but it was great then, and gets raves on the WDW forums. The Polynesian Resort is a great space. Have a few cocktails in the Tambu Lounge beforehand, and enjoy the ambiance of the resort.

Scott

Thanks for the feedback on this. I opted to not go to the Sea World thing. I love the Polynesian Resort. We go there a lot just for drinks and to sit on the fake beach and watch fireworks.

Pages: 1 6 replies