Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Who Wants to Meet 'Bong' at Tiki Ti, Wed July 14th?

Pages: 1 28 replies

T

(That was 'meet', not 'beat'.)

Hey, if you haven't met 'Bong', I know you've asked yourself many times "who is this annoying a-hole?, I'd sure like to find this jerk and kick his...".

Anyway, I don't like to admit this, but I've never been to Tiki Ti!

Gasp, arrgghh, how could that be? How could someone that has seemingly done every freaking thing, owns every bit of Hawaiiana, thinks he knows it all, NOT have been to Tiki Ti?

Well, this government slouch is taking next week off! Yee Haw!

And after next Wednesday, I'll be an authoritative reference for all things Tiki Ti! (reasonable rates).

So, if you missed out meeting John Wayne (Gacy), Frank Sinatra, or any other notible in the history of this here planet, here's you chance to see what all the getting booted for periods of time off TC is all about!

Tiki Bong will be at Tiki Ti on Wednesday July 14th, as soon as it opens (or closes).

Oh yeah, I need a ride from Orange County (both ways), I'll need some spending cash to treat the house, and most of all, I'll need someone to prop up my bruised ego.

***** Please do not all post at once about this special offer, as the overload of data just might take the server down!*****

T

Bong, I will gladly offer my sevices of body-guard as it may be prudent to have some bulk close to your person for the adoring fans, and your un-adoring ones alike. :wink:

M

On 2004-07-07 09:58, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Hey, if you haven't met 'Bong', I know you've asked yourself many times "who is this annoying a-hole?, I'd sure like to find this jerk and kick his...".

Hey--who wants to have their teeth pulled!?!? Meeting Bong is almost the same!!! :)
Just kidding, Bong is a great guy.....in person. :)
I've got an idea--how about a Bong "roast" during the SoCal International Tiki Day event??

Unfortunately I cannot. Strangely enough I've never been to the Tiki Ti either, & I lived in Hollywood for about 10 years! I've wanted to go there since at least the late-'80s! I passed it often, but seemingly only when it was closed. I think I went past it once when it was open & I had to be somewhere else & didn't have time to stop in. :(

F

So, if no one gives you a ride, you're not going?

V
virani posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 2:43 PM

So Bong, you want to do this on the bastille day (the french revolution day)?? Can I come ??

H

Who wants to meet 'Bong' in a dark alley?

If there are any folks on this side of the Orange Curtain who haven't yet met Bong, I gotta say, come on out. Bong's a heck of a guy, and once you've had the pleasure of meeting him, it's much easier to read his posts and get the spirit in which they are intended.

Considering much of our conversation at Tiki-Ti is arguments about who's buying drinks for whom, I'd say you'll be just fine, Bong. I'll happily buy you a drink. If you get into the spirit of it and decide to buy a drink for someone else, there's an ATM next door at the mexican restaurant.

See you then.

Bastard.

UB

I met the man, and I wasn’t impressed.

Bummed not to make it.
I'll be down next month Bongster, so save some liver cells for me!

T

I can probably get a ride, as I never drive when drinking (much).

Well, I for one am looking forward to finally meeting you, Tiki Bong.

My girlfriends and I happened to be at the Purple Orchid when the Smokin' Menehunes were playing some months ago. A nice gentleman in a Hawaiian shirt told us about Tiki Central and I've been lurking on-an-off for a while now.

I think your posts are witty and refreshingly acerbic - like good lemon-meringue pie. I also love the way your strong hands masterfully caress the body of your lap-steel guitar.

If you say hi at the Tiki Ti, I may just have to explain the meaning of my username to you. I know you're married, but that usually doesn't stop me.

Kisses,

Yikes! Run, Bong, it's a trap!!!!

Anyway, I'M the number one Bong groupie around here (with all accorded deference to the lovely Madame Bong, of course).

M

Good Grief. How much more Bong Nosing.. I mean brown nosing can we stand.

He wants someone to pick him up, drive him to a restaurant and buy him free drinks and you all are falling over eachother to head up the fan club.

Did I miss something here?

Bongs going soft. Just a nice guy poser now.

H

On 2004-07-07 17:00, Monkeyman wrote:
Did I miss something here?

Yes... yes, you did.

M

On 2004-07-07 16:29, The Kissing Bunny wrote:
Well, I for one am looking forward to finally meeting you, Tiki Bong.
I also love the way your strong hands masterfully caress the body of your lap-steel guitar.

I may just have to explain the meaning of my username to you. I know you're married, but that usually doesn't stop me.

Kisses,

ZAZZ or Yikes or "I'm there"! :) kidding

M

Hopefully no one really thought I was serious.

I've visited the Bong household several times and have always received warm hospitality.

Enjoy your week off.

C

I've got an idea--how about a Bong "roast" during the SoCal International Tiki Day event??

huh huh you said "bong roast"

Hey tiki peeps, Bong aint so bad. Kissing his ass is a bit like a fine caviar, it is an aquired taste.

Cornholdio

On 2004-07-07 17:00, Monkeyman wrote:
you all are falling over eachother to head up the fan club.

Fall all you want, guys, it's still me.

If I were fortunate enough to live in the same state as The Man himself, I would be glad, no, HONORED to carry him piggyback to Tiki Ti and make sure his glass was never even half empty. But goshdarnalltheluck, I am three fourths of a continent away, sigh.
Fate is so cruel...

T

I've always considered Purple Jade a true visionary (and she's a damn good artist).

Now, back to me...

On 2004-07-07 21:32, Chongolio wrote:
Hey tiki peeps, Bong aint so bad. Kissing his ass is a bit like a fine caviar...

It smells like fish eggs on blinis? Or that it tastes salty & a little funky? :P

OK, my people talked with his people, it look's like it's a GO for - Tiki Bong I - to attend Tiki Ti on Wednesday, July th (or whatever).

Anyway, bring all those personal items you want Mr Bong I to sign: You know, your will, your car's pink slip, your unmentionables, or whatever...

I'm bumming (well, hitching) a ride leaving good ol' Anaheim about 5:00; see you there. Can't wait to hit you up for a drink!

H

Tiki-Bong, maybe I will see you tomorrow if I can get out early from work. Heck I will buy you a drink.

On 2004-07-07 18:40, Monkeyman wrote:
Hopefully no one really thought I was serious.

I've visited the Bong household several times and have always received warm hospitality.

Enjoy your week off.

Is that what that warm stuff was??? :lol:

Don't worry I will take that tatoo'd freak at the beach party
Tie his head to his ankles
Bury him in the sand
Pour caviar on what is left
so my bike tire will slide in nicely
And to Quote his drug attic brother
"there is nothin worse than sand in the crack"
Give me a ride
Buy me a drink
I'll buy you a 30 day pass on a 3 day cruise to Tea-wanna
So you can be the Donkey's be-och
It's no wonder you need a ride your head will not fit in just one car.
I think I will need a shower now.

On 2004-07-07 09:58, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Who Wants to Meet 'Bong' at Tiki Ti, Wed July 14th?

I think I'll just rent the video.

T

So Bong anyone show? Just kidding hope lots showed to toast you a good one, toast or is that roast? :wink:

TB

Bong did make it as well as Dr. Z, Humuhumu, Futura Girl, hiltiki, Iuka Grogg, and others. Had a good time drinking Ray's Mistake ($5 Wednesdays).

What a truly magnificant place, the size of my garage, but filled with tiki mana...

H

Tiki-Bong it was great meeting you , we had a blast. Hope to see you soon.

Pages: 1 28 replies