Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

THOR'S NEW..Magik of the Tiki Maker

Pages: 1 14 replies

T
THOR's posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 2:20 PM

Thought I would share the latest two pieces I painted that sold VERY well at my show in Oahu last week at the DiamondHead Gallery in Waikiki. Below is "Magik of the Tiki maker" and "Diamond in the Rough" Part of a series of great Hawaiian escape fantasies. "Magik of the tiki maker" is based on a story I heard from a local tiki carver in Maui I became friends with. He was very quiete..but a skilled craftsman...who old of a story he heard as a kid about a Tiki carver/shamin who lived in a hollow tree in the jungle..on Maui's North west end. It was said that he worked by candle light and would load up his outrigger the night before he went down river to sell his creations. A magical glow was said to be seen around his tree and hull of the outrigger as he made his way along the tropical river.
"Diamond in the Rough" is a surfing shack on steroids!! It celebrtes the wave..the shape, the composition...even the bamboo slide to make shure of catching the perfect wave if it appears. All in a secret little nitch around the corner from Waikiki!
Several people from TC here dropped in and said hi I just can't remember their user names..it was crazy. All art is available at http://www.diamondheadgallery.com Click on "featured artist". (Tom Thordarson) Ask them also about "mini prints" avaiable now. Anyone in Waikiki the week of Aug. 20th, stop in and see me for my show at the gallery there and the big Island. All feedback appreciated!!!

Mahalo!! ~~ THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-07-07 15:19 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-07-07 15:37 ]

T

really nice painting!!!!!

T

Really wild! Super colors and highlights with the light.

What´s the story/explanation of what the characters are doing in the painting?

What is the price for the original?

Sweet painting!

Can you show us some detailed pics?

Nice stuff!

T
THOR's posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 3:27 PM

wow..that was fast!! I don't have detail pics..the original went straigh o the scanner for Giclee prints to arrive when I got there last week for the show....sold the first three in the series I believe the first hour. I'm not sure what the total number series of signed Giclee prints will be limited to. The piece is about 24 by 36...they sell them in AMAZING Koa wood frames made by "Pictures plus" on the Island...I sign and hand highlight. The original is in the gallery in Oahu so far..though it might go to Lahina.

T

Love the new painting, Tom. But I can't find anything about "mini prints". What's up with that? I dig your work but the prices are a bit outta my range right now. Are you going to have smaller, mass-produced prints made?

T
THOR's posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2004 5:26 PM

Yes! Some will be available as miniprints..but limited quantity. They are not posted on the site yet..but if you contact the gallery there via the contact info, they can give you the info on ordering. They are creating a website for my work exclusively over the next few weeks, so it should also have links to where things nd new work will be available. When I was in Maui, I think I must have signed about 50 mini prints as they sold at the Lahina show.

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-07-07 17:27 ]

W

i love your artwork, so detailed! i'm dieing to buy a mini print!!

T

Can you just tell me how big the mini-prints are?

T
THOR's posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2004 2:58 PM

Hey.. I called the Gallery supplier for the mini-prints. This division is called "pictures plus"..they do the printing and framing for Diamondhead Gallery. The mini prints sell for $14.95 and are Matted and sealed in a nice acetate jacket. I believe they are about 8" by 10" or 11" by 14" image size. The easiest way to order them now is to call the purchasing dept. Darren is the guy's name I am told and he can help you with orders. That telephone number is: (808) 673-4714 they are located on Oahu. Good luck!!
THOR

T

Thor just called Darren was not in but left a message hoping to get a couple of your prints, I love the Magik print, very nice.

T
THOR's posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2004 4:25 PM

thanks tiki-toa!! Darren might have been to lunch.. Hawaii is 3 hours behind western time here in CA lemme know if you have any mre problems contacting... ALOHA!
~~ THOR

T
T

Thor, as of 8pm Wisconsin time, 5pm Hawaii time I have not heard from him yet, hopefully maybe tommorow.

Pages: 1 14 replies