Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clay Tiki Lamp

Pages: 1 8 replies

W

I've just recently started getting into everything tiki... and i'm designing my bedroom as a tiki bar. Last year, i was a freshman in highschool and i was in a pottery class. one of the assignments was to make a lamp, so being fascinated with tiki, i created my own unique face which i later turned into the base for my lamp. This took me a lot of time because i couldn't quite find the perfect shade. then my mom bought this one and i don't think it looks to bad! (constructive criticism much appreciated)

[ Edited by: wukus126 on 2004-07-07 20:12 ]

[ Edited by: wukus126 on 2004-07-07 20:12 ]

UB

On 2004-07-07 20:11, wukus126 wrote:
I've just recently started getting into everything tiki... Last year, I was a freshman in highschool and I'm designing my bedroom as a tiki bar. (constructive criticism much appreciated)
<

You are now a softmore in highschool and your building a tiki bar in your bedroom?
ROCK ON DUDE!
I wish I did.

And oh ya, nice lamp.

I now have faith in the future! Keep it up! I'm sure you'll find much inspiration here on TC!

http://www.thetackytiki.com

Niiice!!!

Why not make your own shade; you've obviously got the game for it...say out of bamboo or something? BTW,when are you gonna do up a tiki mug???

Bless you, child. It brings mist to the geezer's eyes to see tiki so strong in a young one.

Constructive criticism? Lamp shade bigger, more polynesian. Base smaller, browner.

That my own children had such talent! Sigh...

Look at some of the homemade lighting threads here, especially this one:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7482&forum=7&58

You could probably make your own lampshade based on ideas in that thread.

D

Wukus126-welcome!Enjoy TikiCentral,but if you join in the discussion on the drinks forum,your parents will be informed.

W

Thanks for all the replies guys! yes, i'm sure that i've found the right place for inspiration to re-decorate my bedroom. thanks for the tips Santa's Sin, i will definetly keep that in mind when i go to make a new one. FreddieFree, those lamps are so awesome! i might just have to make one of those too!

UB

On 2004-07-08 18:48, wukus126 wrote:
thanks for the tips Santa's Sin

So, you been reedemed to Santa eh?

Pages: 1 8 replies