Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: Red Folder Problem

Pages: 1 13 replies

I think I might have fixed it. Please post here if you think the Red Folders are working correctly again.

(for those who don't know, folders with new messages since your last visit appear in red. If the red folders appear to be the only ones with new messages since your last visit, then it is working).

Thanks,

Hanford

EDIT: PS, I think I might have made the "save password on this computer" checkbox work better, too.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-07-07 21:57 ]

M

Hanford,

The red folders seem to be working for me now.

AND... It's saving my password now! :D

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-07-08 07:46 ]

And me!

Much better, thanks.

A

works fine
Mahalo

D

ahhh all better, thanks Hanford!

T

Me I am still having problems, wonder if it might be because I had to reboot my pc from scratch?

Tiki-Toa,

If you cleared out your cache it's possible all folders will appear as red, but after 10 minutes or so (or definitely the next day) it should be working of you.

If it's still not working for you tomorrow, please describe what's not working: Are all folders Red? Are none? if some are red and some aren't, but you're convinced it's no correct, please check to see what the oldest red folder is and what the date is on it, and let me know.

~Hanford

On 2004-07-07 21:47, hanford_lemoore wrote:

EDIT: PS, I think I might have made the "save password on this computer" checkbox work better, too.

Indeed it has! I've had to log in each time for many months, and assumed it was because I had a new PC & internet connection. Couldn't figure out how to fix it, but now I'm logged in automatically each time. Great!

Trader Woody

I'm still having problems. When I posted my problem a couple of days ago, it cleared up right away.

But now it seems like the folders stay red in the Forum Index, but not in the individual forums.

So when I check into the site, all the forum folders look red, but when I click on a specific forum, all the folders inside work normally.

Hi Fink Daddy,

If you're saying all the folders on this page look red:

http://www.tikicentral.com/index.php

That's probably because every folder does have at least ONE new post in it. Check the "last post" date on that page and see if the date/time for the forum is AFTER the last time you visited. For all red folders, it should be. Let me know if they're not.

Hanford

T

Big Dog tiki sale which has a last post of the 5th (7/5/04) is still red, and it used to be that when I signed in it would keep my password but not now. Hope this helps, and does not add to problems.

Hanford,

The red folder works for me now. However, the password saving has never worked, nor does it work now.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 0.92 on a Win2k machine if that helps.

Tiki-toa:

What web browser are you using? are you visiting http://www.tikicentral.com or just tikicentral.com without the www?

Paranoid:

You have to have "Store my username in a cookie for 1 year" (choose it in "Edit Preferences") turned on for the "save my password" feature to work. A lame requirement, I know.

Pages: 1 13 replies