Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Smokin' Menehunes T-shirt in production

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

Aloha folks,
The Smokin' Menehunes and Lost-Isle have hooked up to bring you...
The Smoking Menehunes T-shirt!
Tiki Bong has commissioned me to create some artwork for the band and here it is:

This two color design will be on the back with the band name on the front:

The shirts are Beefy Ts and will be available in all sizes with an option of a white or ash colored fabric. Also, a Ladies scoop neck is available. The Ladies ash colored shirts will be a slightly different color than the Ash Beefy-T's.
The cost of the shirts is eighteen dollars ($18.00.) This includes shipping and handling.
The Last date to order is Monday July 26. Checks & paypal will be accepted.
So if you want a Smokin' Menehunes Shirt sign up now and let me know the following info:
Size-small, medium , large, X large, XX large.
Color-white or ash
Style-Beefy t or a ladies scoop neck

8.5 x 11" Prints will be available for $8.00
and blue Smokin" Menehune decals will be going for $5.00 The decals look similar to the text on the front of shirt. and those prices both include shipping.

The Special Menehune collector's dealio gets you one of everything for one low price of $28.00 shipping included

click here to order now!

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes

Mahalo for the interest. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
For those of you who havent heard the Smokin' Menehunes musical prowess yet; click the links below for an earful of tunes.

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes/track_1.mp3

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes/track_10.mp3

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes/track_6.mp3

Have a kick ass Summer,
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-08-09 19:30 ]

Once again Chongo, you kick ass!
I will be getting one.
As long as I don't have to listen to the music. :)
I Kid!
Excellent sounds from the S&M's.

XL White

A Tiki Cheers To You

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-07-09 13:13 ]

H

Keen! Swell design. I'm in for one, but only if you're able to do the ladies' scoop neck (boy shirts look like crapola on me). Size small, x-small if you can swing it.

Hey Chongo, great work!

Put me down for 7 (hey, Christmas is coming up).

1 XL White
3 L White
1 S White
2 M Ladies Scoop neck

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-07-08 14:17 ]

TB

sign me up for 1 xl(white) please.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-07-08 14:38 ]

As always, that's fine work, Chongo - as Unga said, a real tail-kickin' design!

http://www.samgambino.com

DZ

As always Chongo, your stuff is lookin' gooooood!!

Sign us up for a medium and an XL, (both ash)!

C

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I am stoked to help get the Menehunes some exposure. They are truly a great group of people and fine musicians too. We decided to add decals and prints to the mix. Check out my first post for more info. Again many mahaloz, I dont think we are going to have any trouble hitting the 24 mark.

Chongo your artistic talent shines through once again! A great design for a great band. Put me down for a large ash color, please

TM1

man, those things are DA KIND!

Good job!! What a great artist!

TM1

Chong, can I get two men's, and one ladies please?

Smokin' band...smokin' shirt! Put me down for one o' dem white XL's please Chongo.

O

Yes please,One white xxl...........thanks

From one artist to another... great work! A true tiki t- shirt I'd be proud to wear here in The Inland Seas... reserve me an XL in white!

K

Rockin as usual!

Put me down for a Special Menehune collector's dealio!

White XL Beefy T for me!

T

I support local artists (Well TC Local). I'm in for 1 XL white beefy please Chongo!

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2004-07-09 18:34 ]

T

I need to order 2.

An ash XXL for myself
&
a ladies medium for the Mrs.

Great work...can't wait to wear it.

TikiPug

Another sweet design.

Mahalo Nui Loa for all the support for the tiki arts! We have gotten over 24 orders so the shirts are going to get printed!
I am going to work on an order page this week with all the payment info and easy to use paypal buttons.

Humuhumu- I can get a S ladies. Xtra smalls are basically a large child size and it is not available in a scoopneck.

Again many mahaloz from the Menehunes and myself,
Chongolio

Ok everybody,
Here is the link to the ordering page:

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes

If you signed up and want to pay via Paypal, use this page to order. If you want to pay by check, Email me with size, style and color shirt and I will send you my snail mail address.
If you didn't sign up for a shirt, it's not to late to order! Remember last date to place your order is July 26th.

Many Mahaloz,
Chongolio

Just paid.
Thanks Chongo!
Kevin

TB

Just sent my payment, My wife Utopiandreem also paid for a shirt, can you combine shipping?

Tbird.

Thanks to all you who have already sent me your payments.

Tikibird- I will be more than happy to combine the shipping for you. Would you like me to paypal you $4.00 or can I interest you in a decal?

Also, If anyone else is interested in the Dealio, be sure to send me an email with the size, style and color you want. Unfortunately, there is no where to include this info when using the paypal buttons. Or just go straight to paypal and send $28.00 and the info to this account address:

[email protected]

Many Mahaloz and have great weekend,
Chongolio

T

Just paid for my two. Can't wait to wear them to the Hukilau.

T

Just ordered a print, love the image, would have gotten a shirt, but my 2X frame needs a 3X shirt.

On 2004-07-16 09:56, Chongolio wrote:

Tikibird- I will be more than happy to combine the shipping for you. Would you like me to paypal you $4.00 or can I interest you in a decal?

Did Utopiandreem get back to you?

Tikibird or Utopian Dream, Send me another email and let me know what you want to do about the three bucks (paypal or a decal)
Thanks,

Chongolio

Aloha everybody,
This is the last week to order and send payment for your Menehunes shirts. If you have ordered one, now is the time to send me your payments. I hope to get the shirts ready to go to the printers next week. A big thanks to everybody who has already sent me their payment. I will be out of town until this weekend. If anybody has any questions, I will answer them when I return home on Saturday.
Mahalo,

When you get the wife beater tank tops in XXl
Call back

C

Hey everybody, I am extending the order date out another week to the 9th of August. We are still about 8 orders short of our mark of 24. If you are interested in picking up a Menehunes shirt, now is the time to act! Please contact me or order through this site:

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes/

Mahalo,
Chongolio

DZ

Sorry for the delay, Chongo, but we got our orders in!

Order in for dealio.

T

Chongo, did you get my order for a print, and I know it might be hard, but anyway to get a 3X?

C

Hey gang, Thanks to everyone for placing those orders. We now have 24 orders, so the shirts will definately be printed.
If you want a shirt, It is still not to late to get your orders in. Do it here:

http://www.lost-isle.com/menehunes/

You have until the 9th of August to get on it.

Tiki-toa, check your personel messages.

Isn't a Menehume like an evil little Hawaiian leprechaun? So..

A Smokin Menehune would be like a really stoned evil little Hawaiian leprechaun??

Looking forward to seeing the Menehunes at the Long Beach Tiki Fest 8/21-22.

I'll pick up my shirt there, if they have them. Nice design, Chongolio!

T

On 2004-08-04 13:50, Aaron wrote:
Isn't a Menehume like an evil little Hawaiian leprechaun? So..

A Smokin Menehune would be like a really stoned evil little Hawaiian leprechaun??

Looking forward to seeing the Menehunes at the Long Beach Tiki Fest 8/21-22.

I'll pick up my shirt there, if they have them. Nice design, Chongolio!

Actually, the menehune was a mythical (or not) race of short folk that was known to accomplish great civil engineering feats, such as dams, bridges, roadways etc.

In addition, these incredible feats were always completed in one night; if they weren't, they would never be completed.

Whether the menehunes were mythical or not is a point of contention in Hawaii. During one of the first census of Hawaii conducted by the British in the late 1800's, about 16,000 people identified themselves as 'menehune'.

UB

On 2004-08-04 13:50, Aaron wrote:

These little shits look like they're stoned.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3923806020&rd=1

Actually, the menehune was a mythical (or not) race of short folk that was known to accomplish great civil engineering feats, such as dams, bridges, roadways etc.

Did these little bastards have anything to do with the construction of the infamous "Road to Hana"? If so, they really must have been partaking of the infamous "Maui Wowee".

Anyone who has been to Maui will know what I mean!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ Edited by: Aaron on 2004-08-04 23:00 ]

T

On 2004-08-04 22:58, Aaron wrote:

Did these little bastards have anything to do with the construction of the infamous "Road to Hana"? If so, they really must have been partaking of the infamous "Maui Wowee".

Aaron,

Your appreciation of Hawaiian culture is really quite missionary.

Were you someone else on this board at one time?

Hey! Great collector item idea!

Bring your SM's shirt to the ITD gig and we'll all sign your shirts.

That way they'll be worth even mor..., ah, nevermind...

Tiki_Bong,

Nope, not reincarnated, just started here recently.

Will you be selling the shirts at the Belmont Tiki Fest (8/21-22)? If so, you can sign mine.

Are you guys playing both days? I think I'm going Saturday. Hope to see you there.

Mahalo, Menehunes!

This is it folks, act now or go without. After 6:00 California time, I am not taking any more shirt orders. There is not going to be many xtra of these shirts made, so This may be your only chance to pick one up.
I will be ordering the shirts tomorrow and sending artwork for film output later this week. I will keep y'all posted as thing progress.
cheers,
Chongolio

T

Did I beat the deadline?????

Cooooooooooool !

[ Edited by: tiki-toa on 2004-08-10 12:17 ]

Tiki-toa, Ya squeaked in. Good work.

I will be ordering shirts today and will have the shirts and film to the printer by the end of the week. Turnnaround is usually two weeks with a week for shipping.

Cheers,
Chongolio

T

Any word on when these will be shipping?
Just curious.

Hey all,
I wanted to give you an update on the shirts. Unfortunately, My printer had an unexpected trip to surgery for a bum appendix. She has been playing catch up for the past three weeks. So the shirts are still waiting to get inked. I hope to get the shirts back this week and ssent out as soon as I get them. Sorry for the delay, but not much one can do when body parts start goin south.

C

I spoke with the printer yesterday and she promise to have the shirts done by this Monday (the 13th of Sept.)
I will be getting in the mail as soon as I pick them up. I am very sorry about the delay, but you should all have them in time for for Hukilau.

Chongolio

The Smokin' Menehunes?
Damn! Are they still together?

Pages: 1 2 61 replies