Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Per Request! pictures of THOR Hawaii Paintings to date!!

Pages: 1 12 replies

T
THOR's posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2004 5:46 PM

Just got a call from my publisher and was told about ten people from here called to order mini-prints today. Some had problems viewing the site and paintings, so I will post them here for all interested. I already posted below with the last two..so pardon the repeat on those. It helps to see the whole series so far together though, as to how all these fit together. They are all Fantases of a person or persons ultimate tropical escape dwelling. They all have a story behind the painting. All are different, just as a persons idea of an escape fits their persona. I can't write it all here I don't think..but will summerize in a coconut shell~ short descriptions below images.

"Brewing it my way"..about a person who wants to leave it all behind and make rhum on the beach. Note the wind powered sugar cane press and the Stil made from an old ships boiler and a Mark V diving helmet!

"Harmony of the Elements"..its a Tropical romantic piece...suggesting a couple lives in this shore side tree house..masculine and femanine forces harmonize..fire and water..on the Lanai are two drinks..a Mai Tai and a Blue Hawaii...

"Pele's Promise" This is a story about a guy who makes a Pact with The Goddess Pele. He gets to live in solitude..imortal atop a magnifiscent lava cascade formation. He lives on to play in the surf and sit like a king atop the firey hill..as long as he keeps his promise to pele to be her eternal man of flesh~

"Cove of Wonders" Was my first piece. It was a fantasy I had as a kid to build a place like this on a quite Hawaiian beach. The Tikis are made from CoCo palms, shels and glass fishing floats.

"Hale Pama" (Palm house or Palace) This was inspired by how the sounds of the wind in the palms in Hawaii create a peaceful music. Its a romantic peiece about a couple that built out of these palms and driftwood on a magical tide pool and hillside. This one sold about three Giclees the first hour at the show..several woman said it was so romantic in person their hearts raced!(Wish I could do that EVERY time!)

This one was posted earlier..see the other post for story. Also selling well in Giclee.

"Diamond in the Rough" Also described in the other post. This is selling to many age ranges...LOT's of details to discover ..
Anyway..this gives a good overall look at the work. Again..this and two new ones will be at the big show for me In Oahu and Lahina mid August at the Tabora/Diamondhead Gallerys. Come in for Pu pu's and Champagne and say hello if you are there!!
Mahalo! ~~ THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-07-08 17:54 ]

F
foamy posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2004 9:28 PM

Wow!

TQ

Wow is right! What great stuff. I've always wanted to see those "painters of light" (aka painters of schmaltz) use their talents like this. What a great set of paintings. Are they on view? (sorry, haven't been on the board lately, maybe you've already posted). I'm on Maui, and would love to see them in person. Aloha!
TQ

T
THOR's posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 5:30 AM

Aloha Tiki Queen~ You can see them on Maui in Lahina at the Diamondhead Gallery on Front St. It's on the side opposite the sea wall..there is a DairyQueen I believe I recall a door or two down. A larger collection is at the Diamondhead Gallery in the main show area on Oahu. Stop by in Lahina there though and look at them!They look much better in person and you can see all the detail.
Mahalo! ~~ Tom

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-07-09 07:14 ]

F

I love how your paintings have so much movement, especially the water! You can really see all the energy of nature effecting your scenes. Wonderful!

W

Beautiful work.. i am so fascinated by your paintings! The collection has such wonderful detail and you can see how the stories behind the art really show in the paintings. I would love to have a miniprint! but i'm here in the states, is there anyway that i can order them off of the internet?

T
THOR's posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 4:46 PM

Yes Ukus! The mini prints sell for $14.95 and are Matted and sealed in a nice acetate jacket. I believe they are about 8" by 10" or 11" by 14" image size. The easiest way to order them now is to call the purchasing dept. Darren is the guy's name I am told and he can help you with orders. That telephone number is: (808) 673-4714 they are located on Oahu. Good luck!!
THOR

T

I am really bumming, still waiting for this guy to call me back so I can order some prints! Help!

T
THOR's posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 5:44 PM

You did not hear back??? SERIOUS? I just got off the phone with Darren and he had given me the impression he had taken care of everyone..He said" Iam processing several orders.." He is there now I know (4:41 LA time) Let me know if there is a problm..I was asured that this contact was a very efficient one at Pictures Plus, but if this is not the Case..I need to know so I can raise some cane(sugar cane ofcourse).
~~ THOR

T

I just got an email from him with the link to the site to order prints, now to just figure out which ones, I really wanted Magik, but he said that will be available later. Mahalo as always. Just ordered Diamond in the Rough, tried to order a second print but for some reason it would not let me, which kind of sucked.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-09 18:24 ]

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 6:26 PM

On 2004-07-09 18:05, Tiki-Toa wrote:
I just got an email from him with the link to the site to order prints, now to just figure out which ones, I really wanted Magik, but he said that will be available later. Mahalo as always. Just ordered Diamond in the Rough, tried to order a second print but for some reason it would not let me, which kind of sucked.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-09 18:24 ]

Can ya share the link??

T

D'oh should have thought of that, sorry bro, here it is.

http://www.picturesplus.com

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jul 9, 2004 7:57 PM

Thanks!

Pages: 1 12 replies