Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Benzart #33 ~ The Moai

Pages: 1 13 replies

D

isn't he stunning? i decided to share this in the collecting tiki forum ~ since he's mine all mine

the picture just isnt doing this carving justice. in my hands, The Moai feels so balanced and sleek..from every angle, this carving looks and feels so right! this is silly, but i adore his little bellybutton.

more pics to come, from me or Ben...

many many thanks to Benzart for this beautiful carving.

elicia

UB

That is a very special Moai indeed.
I too am a proud owner of a Benzart.

T

We should all own one of his art pieces, mine is in the works, I truly look forward to Ben bringing him to life.

B

Dogbytes, Thanks... That is a Really nice picture. I won't be able to post any of the many pix I took because somehow my flash card deleted all the pics brfore I could copy them over. So you need to take More of those great pics. What kind of camera are you using? It's killer.

D

you goof, benz..thats one of your pics! i'm lousy with the digitalcam, but i've saved the pix you sent me.

will do that later tonight. i'm going to some artsyfartsy thing tonight..only good thing is theres a painting by mark ryden there.
bbl
elicia

B

Here are some more pic'zs of the final 12" Moai with backside detail.

This is One Tiki I miss having around the house, but I'm sure he has a happy home.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:48 ]

Ben, you should be hoarding pics of all your creations for your up-and-coming coffee table book. Yes, I too am a proud owner of #10.

B

Thanks RafferTiki, thats a great Idea. In fact I will start the book and bring it to HukiLau and get everyone to sign his Carving so I will Always know who to thank for supporting me while I learned how to carve all over again.
You guys and Gals started the Benzart club. You make me so proud..
Happy Happy Happy
Ben

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-11 20:03 ]

B

Raffertiki, How's the Eyes been holding up recently. Haven't heard anything so "no news is good news?"? Been going thru some old posts and Your work has really come a long way my friend. Keep it up.

The eye's holding up this time. I'm about to put the ointment in before bed, but it looks like I'm in the clear.

By the amount of work you're churning out, I'm thinking you are doing good, no?

B

I'm glad your eye issue looks resolved this time Raffertiki.
I have been doing pretty well down to my Normal, #5 pain level. The Spinal cord stimulator has helped a lot and seems very stable now. I can carve up to about 4 hours a day now which is good for me. Thanks.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-07-12 06:26 ]

i had an extra Fez (yeah, my dogs werent thrilled to wear them) but luckily it fits perfectly on the topknot of The Moai

B

NOW he's a Coool Moai, A cut above the rest

Pages: 1 13 replies