Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Misc. quotes

Pages: 1 4 replies

Here is a gem from the Carving Post...

"I dig the vintage styles, and that's how those tikis were carved. Also, have you noticed that it seems like 80% of the stuff out there for sale today is of the same style (You know, the one that you see everywhere that looks more like Jimmy Carter taking a poo than a Polynesian deity?)." Posted Jan. 31,2003 by Basement Kahuna. (Now there's some vintage humor for ya!!LOL)

"it wasn't my idea to put boobs on a tiki. The owner of the restaraunt insisted they needed a "woman" tiki to go with their man tiki...

...When I explained that all my research indicated there were few if any female tiki icons created, it resulted in some peculiar stares...

"Just put boobs on a man tiki he said".

• posted Feb 14, 2003 (Valetine's day...very revealing) by 7TiKiS.

Bamboo Dude,

These quotes are classic! Keep'm coming!

O

yes great quotes from the good old carving post days. Both of those quotes have stuck with me too, maybe we can get some one to carve a Jimmy Carter tiki with Boobs

I am rather enjoying reading through the carving post; as a new member, and all, there is so much to absorb that when I find these 'tiki-isms' I usually fall off my chair in hysterics!!! No, really, I do!!

Pages: 1 4 replies